Director, Project Management
BETNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Overview and Responsibilities
The Director of Project Management is a strong leader who is skilled in the production of marketing content across all platforms and can manage workflows to achieve outstanding results, while ensuring that high-quality work is delivered on-time, on-budget and on-brand. The Director of Project Management should have the passion, curiosity and love of black culture to support initiatives for what’s hot, what’s next and what matters at BET Networks.
include, but not limited to:
• Supervise On-Air production team of Production Mangers, Coordinators, and Production Assistants. Guide projects including promos, graphics, and show packaging and creation of additional content for digital, brand solutions, online, social media and VOD platforms from concept to completion
• Handle budgets, timelines, deliverables, vendors, logistics, shoots, graphics, music Ensure all projects are delivered on time, on budget and in compliance with technology specs
• Review job initiation forms for timing and feasibility. Communicate with internal clients on project status and ensure needs are being fulfilled
• Prepare regular cost reports for client review and internal budget management
• Manage legal aspects of projects, including footage restrictions, title clearances, music usage, talent & location releases, standards and practices, and risk assessment etc.
• Partner with Director, Promotion Planning on integrated deliverables, timing, and roll out plans
• Monitor programming calendar to ensure that any scheduling changes are reflected in spots that are in production and in-flight
• Liaise with various departments across the organization such as ad sales, programming and PR to ensure a cohesive campaign is created
• Ability to attract and develop talent, as well as mentor Junior talent
• Bachelors degree
• 7 years’ hands-on project management/production management experience in consumer advertising, cable industry/entertainment marketing and/or branding & strategic advertising firm.
• Experience in ''marketing content'' production and budgeting
• Strong organization skills and ability to multi-task and make quick decisions in a fast-paced environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Self-starter that is self-motivated with strong collaboration abilities
• Proven leadership and interpersonal skills in order to manage teams and client relationships
• Ability to build and maintain procedures and workflow
• Ability to interface and collaborate with various departments
• Detail and deadline oriented, with great time management skills
BET Networks, a subsidiary of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIA.B), is the nation's leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news, and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience. The primary BET channel reaches more than 90 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom, and sub-Saharan Africa. BET is the dominant African-American consumer brand with a diverse group of business extensions: BET.com, a leading Internet destination for Black entertainment, music, culture and news; BET HER, a 24-hour entertainment network targeting the African-American Woman; BET Music Networks - BET Jams, BET Soul and BET Gospel; BET Home Entertainment; BET Live, BET's growing festival business; BET Mobile, which provides ringtones, games and video content for wireless devices; and BET International, which operates BET around the globe.