Director, Contract Management, Business & Legal Affairs, BET
This was removed by the employer on 6/9/2022 3:08:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Director, Contract Management, Business & Legal Affairs, BET jobs in Hollywood-CA
Search all Director, Contract Management, Business & Legal Affairs, BET postings
Full Time Job
Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
Overview and Responsibilities
We are seeking a Director, Contract Management to provide day-to-day support to the BET Business and Legal Affairs team across all of the BET-branded platforms and businesses with a focus on the development and production of unscripted and digital content, specials and series!
• Structuring, drafting and negotiating development, talent and production-related agreements (e.g., rights acquisitions; format licenses; producer, production services and on-camera talent agreements; appearance, venue and location releases; program licenses, etc.) as well as similar universe of contracts relating to digital, promotional and marketing content.
• Counseling in-house client groups on a variety of legal issues and corporate policies that may arise in connection with development, production, marketing, promotion, advertising and sponsorships and managing corporate compliance with Paramount and BET Networks policies and procedures.
• Handling day-to-day production work for original programming (presentations, specials, pilots, episodic series and marketing/promotion/digital content).
• Reviewing and approving legal contracts for execution by production and/or management.
• Reading, interpreting, analyzing and/or summarizing contracts and responding to rights and other contractual inquiries. Reviewing programming, clips and other footage for rights clearance purposes.
• Overseeing contract administration and compliance; tracking rights and options and managing programming and departmental status charts and reports.
• Advising and communicating with various other departments regarding exploitation of programming across all media platforms.
• Assessing, devising and advising risk management practices for the businesses as well as implementing and carrying out corporate policies.
• Performing other day-to-day contract management and business affairs-related tasks as needed and assigned by senior business/legal affairs executives in the department
• At least 7 years of contract management experience is preferable.
• At least 5 years of entertainment industry experience desired (including law firm experience and/or experience in a business and/or legal affairs department at a major entertainment company, studio or network).
• Bachelor€™s degree or equivalent experience required. Paralegal certificate is a plus, but not required.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of entertainment industry business and practices, including forms, contracts, procedures and processes.
• Ability to read, interpret and analyze entertainment contracts and accurately respond to rights and other contractual inquiries.
• Proven ability to draft various forms of customary entertainment contracts (e.g., production, marketing, promotion and digital agreements) and negotiate with third parties within the company€™s established parameters.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills and the ability to proactively collaborate with client group members; ability to build strong internal relationships, effectively advise internal teams under conditions of uncertainty, pressure and/or risk and generate strong client satisfaction.
• Experience collaboratively leading team projects and dynamics.
• Ability to take a lead management role on contract management projects and/or teams.
• Adept at applying and managing workflow and contract management software and processes.
• Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail coupled with the ability to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and with a cooperative, collaborative, team-oriented approach.
• Professional demeanor and strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to work with all types of personalities and work styles.
• Track record of exercising solid business judgment, maintaining confidentiality, meeting deadlines and working independently.