Director, Brand Insights
BETNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Overview and Responsibilities
The Brand Insights, Content and Marketing Research Team at BET Networks is responsible for developing, executing, synthesizing, and using consumer insights to inform the BET Networks Enterprise including leadership, development, digital, press, and marketing. The Strategic Insights and Research department is built on the foundation of an expertise in broad-based insights into the African American Consumer Market, and specifically their content consumption approach, behaviors and evolving lifestyles. The Director will report to the VP of Content Optimization for Consumer Insights and will support all research efforts for all 10 linear BET Network brands and BET , a SVOD service. The ideal candidate is an experienced Insights professional with a deep knowledge of, and passion for turning insights into action and a proven track record of influencing business decisions in fan insights. The ideal candidate also has expertise in either the entertainment content or the African American consumer market.
• Support the research team to develop, track, and present a holistic understanding of the 10 brands across BET Networks enterprise and BET . This includes brand ‘health’, competitive positioning and our brand alignment with the strategic objectives of the organization as a whole
• Provide research and insights to all 10 BET brands, BET and BET’s central operations like Marketing, Production, etc. to inform how to drive fan insights into business decision making solutions. We work especially close to Scripted, Unscripted, Marketing, Programming, BET , Digital, Live/Experience and ViacomCBS Global Insights, an internal insights team
• Work closely with internal and external research partners to deliver content-based insights, including, but not limited to, pilot tests, show testing and studies to support the maintenance of key franchises
• Collaborate with Analytics teams to deliver show recaps, discern ratings and make the connection to insights, appending variables to data sets, etc.
• Manage 1-2 persons on the Consumer Insights team who is confident with leading from the front
• 7 years of related media research experience, including Marketing and Content Research
• Bachelor degree or higher
• Experience in qualitative research, including moderating focus groups, conducting in-depth interviews, analyzing qualitative research analyses
• Proven experience with turning quantitative data from insights into actions using data mining and influencing skills
• Able to turn complex/intricate analyses into clear, easy-to-understand “story-telling” presentations
• Self-starter, highly proactive, and collaborative
• Flexible, agile and able to balance multiple priorities
• Excellent interpersonal skills which will enable candidate to interact with a wide range of personalities/styles and establish effective relationships in a highly matrixed organization between BETN, BET and other ViacomCBS networks
BET Networks, a subsidiary of ViacomCBS Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIA.B), is the nation's leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news, and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience. The primary BET channel reaches more than 90 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom, and sub-Saharan Africa. BET is the dominant African-American consumer brand with a diverse group of business extensions: BET.com, a leading Internet destination for Black entertainment, music, culture and news; BET HER, a 24-hour entertainment network targeting the African-American Woman; BET Music Networks - BET Jams, BET Soul and BET Gospel; BET Home Entertainment; BET Live, BET's growing festival business; BET Mobile, which provides ringtones, games and video content for wireless devices; and BET International, which operates BET around the globe.