Director, Ad Sales Research
BETNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Director reports to the Vice President of BETN Ad Sales Research. The ideal candidate is a team player possessing strong communication and presentation skills.
• Channel/Industry/Expertise: serve as an expert on the BETN brands and their target audiences to all clients: Sales, Research, co-workers and agencies.
• Stay informed of industry news, emerging resources, measures and be the go-to source/resource for Sales.
• Work closely with Ad Sales, channel Research and Research co-workers to building strong relationships.
• Participate in meetings offering insights and share best practices as well as individual day-to-day happenings.
• Work independently and proactively on problem solving and creating projects to move business forward beyond day-to-day requests.
• Strive to make meaningful contributions both oral and written.
• Collect, analyze, and interpret Nielsen ratings data.
• Create thoughtful and innovative audience analyses in order to best position and distinguish our networks in the marketplace.
• Support Linear and Digital Sales teams for BETN.
• Train and mentor staff.
• 8 years in related media research
• Proficiency in Nielsen systems and measurements (MultiTrak, N-Power, Kantar, ComScore, Adobe, Nielsen Social)
• Expertise using consumer based studies such as MRI, YouGov etc.
• Extensive background in creating custom presentations using a variety of resources.
• A comfortable and experienced public speaker and presenter.
• Experience supervising, motivating and training a research staff and works well within a large group dynamic.
• Knowledge of African American targeted programming/networks and marketplace beneficial.