Creative Director, Brand Creative - BET Networks
BETNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Are you a dynamic, driven and savvy Creative Director with a knowledge, passion, curiosity and love of black culture? We are looking for a Creative Director who will support what's hot, what's next and what matters at BET Networks. The Creative Director will possess the ability to create award-winning promotional content for BET Networks existing and emerging distribution platforms. The Creative Director will work with Writer/Producers, Editors and outside production resources all supporting multiple projects including ongoing weekly and monthly tune in promotion, image promotion, movie promotion, marketing initiatives and tentpole promotion. We as the creative team will work to identify, improve and solidify the brand identity of the network and to ensure that all production of linear, digital and social promotion, off-air sales and marketing presentations, on-air graphics and animation conform in content and style to network marketing and brand strategies. Creative Director ensures that marketing initiatives are executed in a manner that elevates the brand and communicates the positioning and attitude of BET Networks.
You are the creative liaison between the network and the On-Air staff. You work well with all levels of management at BET Networks to support the brand in a cooperative manner. A strong creative manager who is skilled at production, is budget-oriented and who can anticipate production needs and manage workflow to achieve outstanding results while ensuring that high-quality work is delivered on-time, on-budget and on-brand.
• Manage projects including promos, graphics, and show packaging and creation of additional content for digital, online, social media and VOD platforms from concept to completion.
• We coordinate and guide the writing/producing of assigned campaigns
• Guide creative pitches and presentations
• Help define aesthetic and maintain brand-style through strong visual identity
• Translate marketing objectives into creative strategies and develop team into production
• Lead freelance writer/producers on a creative level as well as outside vendors
• Liaise with various departments across the organization such as ad sales, programming and PR to ensure a cohesive campaign is built
• Ability to attract and develop talent, as well as mentor junior talent
• Bachelor's degree
• 10 years' hands-on experience in consumer advertising, cable industry/entertainment marketing and/or branding & strategic advertising firm.
• Strong organization skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong presentation skills
• A self-starter that is self-motivated with tight-knit collaboration abilities
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills in order to run client relationships
• Latest technical trends with respect to film, video, GFX design & post systems.
• Knowledgable of the cable network competitive landscape
• Ability to build and maintain procedures and workflow