Creative Director-Ep, BET Brand Creative
BETNew York, NY
Full Time Job
BET Networks, a subsidiary of ViacomCBS Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIA.B), is the nation's leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news, and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience. The primary BET channel reaches more than 90 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom, and sub-Saharan Africa. BET is the dominant African-American consumer brand with a diverse group of business extensions: BET.com, a leading Internet destination for Black entertainment, music, culture and news; BET HER, a 24-hour entertainment network targeting the African-American Woman; BET Music Networks - BET Jams, BET Soul and BET Gospel; BET Home Entertainment; BET Live, BET's growing festival business; BET Mobile, which provides ringtones, games and video content for wireless devices; and BET International, which operates BET around the globe.
Overview and Responsibilities
The Creative Director is dynamic, driven and savvy, with a knowledge, passion, curiosity and love of black culture to support what’s hot, what’s next and what matters across BET Networks brands. The Creative Director must possess the ability to create award-winning promotional content for BET Networks existing and emerging distribution platforms. The Creative Director works with Writer/Producers, Editors, Designers and outside production resources all supporting multiple projects including ongoing weekly and monthly tune in promotion, image promotion, movie promotion, marketing initiatives and tentpole promotion. The Creative Director must work to identify, improve and solidify the brand identity of the network and to ensure that all production of linear, digital and social promotion, off-air sales and marketing presentations, on-air graphics and animation conform in content and style to network marketing and brand strategies. Further, Creative Director ensures that marketing initiatives are executed in a manner that elevates the brand and communicates the positioning of BET Networks.
• Lead and inspire a team of Writer/Producers, Editors, Designers through seamless execution of Brand Creative projects
• Manage projects including promos, graphics, show packaging and creation of additional content for digital, online, social media and VOD platforms from concept to completion.
• Oversee and guide the messaging, concepting, and writing/producing of assigned campaigns from inception to completion
• Translate marketing objectives into creative strategies and direct team into production
• Liaise with various departments across the organization such as ad sales, programming and PR to ensure a cohesive campaign is created
• Partner with the department’s Design Lead to help define aesthetic and maintain brand-style through strong visual identity
• Partner with Operations to ensure success of department workflows, systems, processes, etc.
• Communication info provided in meetings to creative team
• Attract and develop talent, as well as mentor Junior talent
• Four year under graduate degree
• Candidate should have 10 years’ hands-on experience in consumer advertising, cable industry/entertainment marketing and/or branding & strategic advertising firm
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills in order to lead a team and client relationships
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Thorough knowledge of the cable network competitive landscape
• Ability to build and maintain procedures and workflow
• Solid organization skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Self-starter that is self-motivated with tight-knit collaboration abilities
• Knowledge of the latest technical trends with respect to film, video, GFX design & post systems.