Intern - Production
BDP Entertainment GroupLos Angeles, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Intern - Production Associate
We are a small, grassroots production & publishing company looking to make build our brand in the immersive, fictional podcast, VR and audiobook worlds. We are currently working on several projects at the moment and looking for a couple of production assistant interns, one to assist in our casting department, another to assist in our communications & marketing department and a final person to assist with publishing.
As a Casting Assistant, you will be doing (virtually or from home, initially):
1) Assist with script revisions and character breakdowns,
2) Assist with the creation and maintenance of casting notices and submissions,
3) Assist with casting sessions and selection,
4) Help out with the actual recording of certain projects...
4) Attend recording sessions to help ensure execution of podcast...
As a Communications & Marketing Assistant, you will be doing (virtually or from home, initially):
1) Assist with communications amongst company team members;
2) Help coordinate project launches to ensure delivery of final projects...
3) Liaison between production team, writers, cast and other crew/team members,
4) Assist communications team with marketing & promotions of company projects.
5) Assist with the distribution of cast/crew call sheets and production timelines,
6) Orchestrate and assist with conferences, watch or listening events, etc.
As a Publishing Assistant, you will be doing (virtually or from home, initially):
1) Assist with content (manuscripts, screenplays, podcast, etc.) proofing, editing and fact checking,
2) Assist with screening of written postings,
3) Assist with proofing copy of casting notices, social media posting (written), but not limited to...
We ask that you have working knowledge of either: 1) the casting process, casting platforms (actorsaccess, lacasting, backstage,etc.) as we will be posting our projects to these sites frequently, and script breakdown; OR 2) event planning, email services (mail chimp, constant contact, etc.), video conferencing platforms (zoom, etc.) as you will be setting up company meetings, workshops, event, rehearsals and recordings on several different platforms; OR 3) AP writing style, editing/proofing copy, online fact research, and some familiarity with publishing format for online services like KDP, etc.
If one of the positions outlined above describes you, please contact and tell us about yourself (via cover and resume) and where you want to go within the entertainment industry.
Our internships last for a semester or 2 quarters and start in early January 2021. Students and non-students are welcome to apply now. Women, POC (People of Color) and the LGBTQ community members are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please apply before December 21, 2020 or after January 2, 2021.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online