Bank Robber MusicNew York, NY
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Licensing Coordinator jobs in New York-NY
Search all Licensing Coordinator postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Licensing Coordinator? This position is responsible for quoting on tv/film/advertising/video game music licenses, on behalf of over twenty client record labels/publishers and their artists, as well as the roster for our sister company Rough Trade Publishing. You will be working under the SVP Legal Affairs and will be acting as a liaison between the creative/pitching team, admin team, and the business affairs team, to ensure a smooth handling of licensing and payment. This is a dynamic, fast paced position within a small company of music lovers.
• Negotiate quotes for various types of music licenses.
• Manage files and database entries on all pending licenses.
• Issue status reports on licensing activity, internally and to company clients
• Provide cue sheet info and screen credits.
• Bachelor's Degree (this is a non-legal position; lawyers need not apply).
• Strong experience directly handling synchronization negotiations, both quoting and long form licensing (a minimum of 2 years in-house at a licensing, record or publishing company).
• Candidate must possess excellent demonstrated decision-making, problem solving and negotiating skills.
• Experience dealing with major/independent record labels and publishers as well as third-party licensing companies.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication.
• Must be extremely organized and have a strong attention to detail.
• Strong familiarity with Mac and Microsoft Office.
• Familiarity with using ASCAP, BMI, SESAC, etc repertoire search websites.
About Bank Robber Music & Rough Trade Publishing:
Bank Robber Music is a boutique music licensing company which exclusively represents over twenty of independent record companies, including Merge Records, Barsuk, Mute, and Polyvinyl Record Co.. Its publishing offshoot, Rough Trade Publishing, administers the copyrights of nearly to 250 bands, including the Black Lips, Fugazi, Against Me!, Magnetic Fields, and The Tallest Man on Earth. The company prides itself on having a fun, friendly work environment with a passionate staff set on making a real difference in the wellbeing of the artists it represents.