Video Department Manager
Bang Zoom! StudiosBurbank, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Video Department Manager jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Video Department Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Video Department Manager? The Video Department Manager will oversee a team of video editors, maintaining their schedules and workloads while coordinating asset ingest and delivery. The candidate will be the department's spokesperson, interfacing on the team's behalf with clients, vendors, and other departments in the studio.
The right candidate is dependable, responsible, and an excellent communicator who is able to ''talk the language'' of video and audio engineers, interfacing with technical vendors as well as creative artists, and dealing professionally and respectfully with the team of employees as well as clients. Outstanding interpersonal skills are a must!
· Minimum 2 years of professional team management experience in post-production (as long as they have a decent understanding of the work being done, I'd be more concerned about their ability to coordinate the department)
· Excellent understanding of digital video standards, codecs, and formats.
· Excellent personnel and team management skills.
· Excellent customer service/people skills.
· Demonstrate high levels of detail-oriented organizational skills.
· Thrive on meeting deadlines, supporting and motivating the team to meet expectations of the projects.
· Be able to troubleshoot, and foresee problem areas and effectively address/maneuver through them.
· Excel in multitasking and time management.
· Effective, concise, and professional communications to the team, departments, clients, etc.
· Stay on top of all emails and chats.
· Maintain department schedule
· Hyperconscious of individual team member's workload and progress.
· Coordinate and lead the weekly video meeting, and schedule others as needed.
· Attend weekly production meeting on behalf of the video department.
· Keep track of work hours and deliverables to assist with Close-Out Reports
· Experience delivering to digital distribution platforms (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, iTunes, etc.)
· Familiar with ADR and post-production workflows
· Familiar with subtitle and closed caption workflows
· Familiar with the following software:
-Final Cut Pro
-Adobe Suite (Photoshop, After Effects, Media Encoder, Premiere)
-Google Drive / G-Suite
-Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
· Fluent in Japanese (preferred, but not required)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $30.00 per hour
90% of staff is remote, for proper distancing. Engineers coming in are isolated, we follow a strict health and COVID safety policy. We provide, masks, as they are required, face shields, sanitation stations, and have a strict cleaning policy.