Manager, Social Media
Baltimore OriolesBaltimore, MD
Full Time Job
The Orioles seek a driven, creative-minded, and team-oriented Manager, Social Media reporting to the Vice President, Creative Content to oversee the club's social media strategies, processes, and tactics to increase audience, affinity, engagement, and views across the club's social platforms. This individual will manage the club's Social Media team and will collaborate cross-functionally to further bolster the Orioles' social brand voice and expand the club's editorial content to engage the fan base, generate revenue, and support our community.
This candidate should have a passion for baseball, a proficient understanding of emerging internet trends, and a deep appreciation for the significance of brand voice and creative content.
include but are not limited to:
• Oversight and management of Social Media team, ensuring content and strategies are best-in-class while also cultivating a positive and welcoming creative culture;
• Lead planning and execution of all social media content, including writing and curation of content on Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, YouTube, and other emerging platforms in support of business goals, platform growth, and fan engagement;
• Work with Creative Content teammates to develop original content series, editorial plans, and internal processes to further connect our brand and our players with our fans across all Orioles social channels;
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders and business groups, including Community Development, PR, Marketing, Ticket Sales, Corporate Partnerships, F&B, and more;
• Build the brand and drive revenue through ticket sales and corporate partnerships;
• Monitor social media trends and report on KPIs across the club's social properties to fuel data-driven decision-making
& Experience Include:
• Passion for, deep knowledge of, and prior experience working in baseball;
• Strong familiarity and proven track record with managing Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter accounts for a brand;
• Must be a team player and excited to collaborate with others to develop a best-in-class fan experience;
• Healthy interest in data-driven decision-making and understanding of social media analytics;
• Strong communication, prioritization, time management, and organization skills;
• Experience and ability to manage workflow and deadlines for multiple projects across the team's slate of work;
• Excellent eye for aesthetics within creation and curation of visual content
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite products, primarily Lightroom, Photoshop, and Premiere;
• Familiarity with Greenfly, Slate, Emplifi or other similar content publishing tools;
• Exceptional writing ability and strong understanding of English grammar;
• Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays, and extended hours as needed;
• Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent work experience;
• 2-4 years relevant experience
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The duties listed do not represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement of the position, subject to consideration of reasonable accommodations for documented medical or religious needs that do not pose an undue hardship.