Director, Business Intelligence & Analytics
Baltimore OriolesBaltimore, MD
Full Time Job
Job Title: Director, Business Intelligence & Analytics
Department: Strategy, Analytics & Development
Status: Full Time Updated: 10/20/18
Reports to: Vice President, Strategy, Analytics & Development
Overview: The Director, Business Intelligence will develop analyses for key revenue generating areas of the Baltimore Orioles' lines of business including ticket sales, premium seating, corporate partnerships, merchandise and F&B. Provide key insights in other functional areas such as marketing, media and ballpark operations. Overall, leverage data mining for existing initiatives as well as utilizing data-driven recommendations to support growth.
• Manage development and integration of all data feeds into the club data warehouse. Ensure data integrity, timeliness and accuracy with third party vendor.
• Oversee access, utilization and management of club business data residing in club and league data warehouses (MLB Wheelhouse). Design optimal data mining and visualization processes and reporting.
• Develop predictive/statistical modeling, data science, market research and visualizations while developing algorithms to maximize revenue and optimize overall business performance.
• Design new and innovative analytical solutions to predict customer behaviors and recommend actions to drive desired outcomes.
• Manage ongoing business models including sales, retention and lead scoring models.
• Create timely and compelling dashboards and visualizations for key stakeholders via Tableau or other solutions.
• Evaluate new technologies and data sources for revenue generating and time/cost savings potential
• Perform ad-hoc analysis as needed to answer specific business questions and produce actionable insights
• Other duties as assigned
• Master's degree, with a focus in Decision Sciences, Statistics, Finance, Mathematics or Economics preferred
• Excellent organizational and communications skills, with strong strategic thinking, attention to detail and an ability to work both independently and in teams
• High level of proficiency in SQL or similar relational database management system
• Strong programming experience (Python)
• Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to design and implement statistical models in major statistical analytics software packages (SPSS, R, SAS, Stata, Solver, etc.)
• Proficiency with business intelligence software solutions (Tableau preferred)
• Experience working with large volumes of disparate sets of data along with extract/transfer/load (ETL), data cleansing and standardization best practices and data warehousing
• Strong knowledge of quantitative analyses such as predictive modeling, regression analysis, customer profiling and segmentation, financial modeling and other types of analysis
• Advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency
• Prior Full-time or internship experience within a professional sports organization is a plus
• Maturity, professionalism, and a strong work ethic are essential
• Ability to effectively prioritize, meet deadlines and adapt in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work extended hours, including evenings and weekends as necessary
• Able to develop and maintain successful working relationships
• Able to act according to the organizational values at all times
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?
Apply with MVP Access
Want to improve your application?