Assistant, Social Media
Baltimore OriolesBaltimore, MD
Part Time Job
Assistant, Social Media (Seasonal)
Job Summary: The Baltimore Orioles seek a part-time, seasonal assistant to support the Social Media team in game coverage, editorial calendar planning and copywriting, community management, light content creation, and reporting. Potential for this position to be remote, upon discussion.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assistance with game coverage on all social media platforms
• Management of secondary brand accounts, including but not limited to mascot or community accounts
• Assistance with development of editorial calendar and copywriting of social posts
• Help developing strategy and content for emerging platforms (i.e., TikTok, IG Reels, YouTube Stories, YouTube Shorts)
• Ongoing reporting of social data and audience analytics, as well as competitive analysis and monitoring of social trends
• Potential to assist Team Photographer with editing photos during games and events
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• Prior experience working on college or professional team or brand social account is a plus
• Must be collaborative and team-oriented individual who is receptive to feedback, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects at once
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Must be able to work nights and weekends, as the job requires long hours
The Baltimore Orioles are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Baltimore Orioles to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race (including hair textures, afro hairstyles, or protective hairstyles), color, national origin or ancestry, religion or creed, gender or sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran's status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement of the position, subject to consideration of reasonable accommodations for documented medical or religious needs that do not pose an undue hardship.