Account Executive, Group and Hospitality Sales
Baltimore OriolesBaltimore, MD
Full Time Job
JOB TITLE: Account Executive, Group and Hospitality Sales
DEPARTMENT: Ticket Sales, Service and Operations
REPORTS TO: Manager, Group and Hospitality Sales
JOB PURPOSE: This position will renew current group ticket accounts and will focus on prospecting and selling new group ticket packages. This individual will continue to maintain the overall group ticket base and grow relationships with the group leaders.
COMPENSATION: Base salary and bonus opportunities based on individual and organizational success growing group sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary duties to include, but not limited to the following:
• Renew existing group ticket accounts
• Handle a high volume of incoming group sales calls
• Serve as part of a Group Sales Team dedicated to maximizing sales efforts
• Meet or exceed specified sales goals
• Sell group ticket packages to new prospects
• Develop strong working knowledge of Suites and Party Facility spaces
• Work with DNC/ Maryland Sportservice to set client expectations
• Generate leads for prospective new clients
• Develop relationships with existing and new accounts to increase revenue.
• Visit groups on game days to maintain relationships
• Provide excellent customer service to all ticket holders
• Record detailed daily activity in ProVenue or other format as requested
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Two plus years of experience in ticket sales/operations and customer service preferably within a professional sports environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The ideal candidate must have high level knowledge of the ProVenue ticketing system, strong leadership ability, and a solid foundation in selling tickets with ''cold calling'' sales skills. The candidate should have outstanding customer service, sales, motivational, communication and time management skill, with math proficiency.
• Adhere to Baltimore Orioles organization policies and procedures
• Perform duties as workload necessitates
• Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
• Meet Department productivity standards
• Flexibility to work event hours plus some weekends and evenings
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The duties listed do not represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.