Head of Production
Axis StudiosRemote, UK
Full Time Job
This role can be performed remotely, with designated onsite studio visits at various points in the year.
With a portfolio now embracing short and long form, one-off and episodic, animation and VFX, Games, Film and Television, Axis Studios are seeking a Glasgow Head of Production to join us as we enter our next stage of evolution.
The Glasgow Head of Production (HOP) is a seasoned production lead, responsible for the overall management, mentoring and development of the Axis Glasgow production department, cultivating an environment where feedback and constructive criticism is welcomed.
They are directly responsible for the line management of all Glasgow based producers, line producers and production managers and by extension the delivery of all projects to budget, scope, schedule and creative expectations.
Exceptions are and can be made for new divisions, such as features production, where other parties may take primary responsibility. However, the HOP remains an important stakeholder.
As part of the Glasgow Senior Leadership Team, and reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, the HOP will help steer the direction of the company and be an ambassador for Axis Studios values, culture and leadership.
• Supervising the effective delivery of all projects to a high standard, steering vision and approach alongside Producers to keep projects on track.
• Keeping an eye on margin across all projects.
• Continual evaluation and improvement of budgeting, tracking and planning tools.
• Continual coaching on best practice regarding client and team management.
• Building motivated, multi-disciplinary production teams, dealing with HR or morale issues before they come to a head.
• Recruitment, training and departmental strategic planning, solving day to day problems whilst formalising production structure and filling vacancies.
• Liasing with the SLT to forecast and plan studio workload.
• Compassionate and supportive, with the desire to coach others toward their potential
• Clear, decisive and calm under pressure
• As good with numbers as they are with people
• Creatively astute
• Thinking ahead, not just reacting to the events of the day
• Able to distinguish 'urgent' from 'important'
• Constantly seeking personal and professional improvement
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online