Post Production Assistant
Authentica MediaBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Award-winning B2B creative agency specializing in healthcare/cutting-edge medical devices is seeking a Post Production Assistant.
• You live and breathe tech, have knowledge of codecs, resolutions, and framerates, and are eager to start your journey towards higher post production roles
• You're curious and driven, with a thirst for new information and discovery
• You're a ''Do it right' person with a high bar for personal performance
• You're vcery organized, exceedingly thorough and detail oriented
• You're an articulate communicator, both written and verbal
• You have excellent planning and organizational skills, with the ability to not just juggle, but effectively multitask/prioritize concurrent project assignments
• You're intrinsically motivated and a self-starter
• You're flexible and invested, ready to develop by embracing leadership and mentoring
What You'll Do
This is a unique opportunity for someone who's looking to start (or continue) a professional career in Post Production. You'll assist editors and graphic artists with our vast library of archival assets, schedule and track hard drive shipments between our various remote workers, manage our archives to make sure each project is protected and future-proofed, track our stock and music library purchases, and work with our Production Manager to manage project schedules for the post production department.
In this job, you'll lay the foundation for our award-winning storytelling and learn our post process from the ground up. With this experience, you'll be well positioned to take on post production and editing challenges. And because of our small size, you'll get hands on experience much faster than in larger post houses. You'll be coached and encouraged to grow and take on new challenges including editing, graphics, sound, color grading or whatever you're personally excited about. This is a foundational role that with your interest, drive and willingness, can build into a fulfilling career.
What You Bring
• Extremely computer literate, enthusiasm for new technology and software
• 4-year degree in related field (Marketing, Journalism, Communications, Film Production)
• Working knowledge of the video production process from concept to completion
• Able to multi-task and work independently
• Experience with Avid Media Composer is a plus, or some digital NLE equivalent
• Experience with Microsoft Teams or other collaboration/project management software is a plus
• Reliable vehicle and car insurance
What We Offer
• Key position with a small but mighty team
• Opportunity for hands-on experience in nearly all aspects of the post production pipeline
• Comprehensive training
• Opportunity for advancement
• Flexible, laid-back environment
• Competitive compensation
• For the right person, full-time employment with benefits
Who We Are
• Authentica Media is an established B2B creative agency specializing in top tier, story-based video content for the healthcare and medical device field. We provide high level client service that begins with innate curiosity and results in award-winning content, unrivaled in its effectiveness.
• Clients value the Authentica partnership because we go deep - making their goals our own, building expertise in the supporting science, and developing powerful stories that engage audiences using the power of emotion.
• Our standards are very high, and we care deeply about exceeding client expectations.
• We're honored that our authentic storytelling positively impacts patients and healthcare providers, and in a small way, helps to improve quality of life around the world.
Contract initially, with path to full-time W2 employment/benefits for the right person.
Our general working hours are Monday - Friday, 9:30 - 6:30PM PST with occasional evening or weekend hours as required.
Hourly Rate: $18-23/hr commensurate with experience.
Location: This position is local to Los Angeles. Our offices are located in Burbank.
Hourly Rate: $18-23/hr commensurate with experience. Contract initially, with path to full-time W2 employment/benefits for the right person.
--Why this position interests you
--How your experience is relevant to the stated qualifications
--Why you are a stand-out candidate
Letters of Recommendation will be requested after initial conversations
Links to any example of work is optional but encouraged Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online