WWJ Writer / Editor
Full Time Job
Audacy's Detroit is look for a dynamic Writer/Editor for its WWJ Newsroom.
What You'll Do:
• Write stories, reporter leads, network feeds in a timely manner.
• Work with the producers and coordinate live reports from the reporters in the field.
• Take reporter feeds and write up the audio, edit news copy and audio for on-air.
• Conduct interviews with newsmakers on a variety of stories.
• Find newsworthy stories each day, develop new angles to stories.
• Answers and redirect all phone calls received by the station.
• Other duties as assinged by the Manager.
More About You:
Required & Preferred:
• A WWJ Writer/Editor will work hand in hand with the producer and write stories, leads and anything that is needed to make each newscast award-winning.
• The editor will have to make calls to gather information and conduct interviews and cut up audio for stories that are in the news each day as well as take feeds from reporters and edit and write up those stories.
• The editor can go on the air with stories and should put up stories for future days as needed.
• When the main producer is off work, the editor will fill in as a producer as needed.
• A valid driver’s license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant’s own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Position requires the majority of the day to be spent using a computer.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a leading multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best collection of local music, news and sports brands, a premium podcast creator, major event producer, and digital innovator. Audacy engages 200 million consumers each month, bringing people together around content that matters to them. www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).