AudacyNew York, NY
Full Time Job
WCBS 880 is looking for a bright, passionate, driven journalist to work in one of the country’s most experienced and respected radio news operations. A WCBS 880 writer must take information and news copy and turn it into a story that sounds like a conversation on the city streets. We want to hear from you if you understand that compelling writing, great story-telling, and creative use of sound make for a great news product. This is a part-time position.
The anticipated starting salary range for New York, NY-based individuals expressing interest in this position is $47.74/Hr-$48.69/Hr.
Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and location of the applicant, as well as internal and external equity.
What You'll Do:
• Writer: Prepares ready-to-air broadcast copy from wires sources, facts from reporters, and own knowledge of current events.
• Selects key facts from stories for airing and packages them creatively with sound and available audio.
• Adapts writing style to the needs of particular anchors on the air, whenever possible.
• Completes assigned line-ups quickly and accurately.
More About You:
• Successful candidates must have a passion for local news and must be interested in learning how to identify and tell compelling stories
• Must be a polished professional with excellent communication skills and phone skills
• Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
• Experience in audio editing
• Excellent writing and interviewing skills
• Bachelor’s Degree required; communications/journalism preferred
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD; OTC: AUDA) is a leading multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best collection of local music, news and sports brands, a premium podcast creator, major event producer, and digital innovator. Audacy engages 200 million consumers each month, bringing people together around content that matters to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp), X (@AudacyCorp), LinkedIn (@Audacy-Inc), Instagram (@lifeataudacy) and Threads (@Audacy_Corp).
Audacy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Audacy affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Audacy, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.