Twin Traffic Editor / Producer
AudacyNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The New York Audacy TWIN Traffic Gathering Operation is looking for a dynamic and talented professional to work as a Full-Time Traffic Editor/Producer for Audacy’s team of Traffic reporters broadcasting Traffic reports across the cluster of Audacy stations in New York. Job will be based out of Audacy’s NY Hudson St. facilities. Duties include: Gather, write, produce and deliver real-time actionable Traffic information using company collaboration tools, platforms and other assets. Editor/producer will compose Traffic stories and all material for use on-air, on-line, and on social media platforms in an often demanding and challenging environment. Duties include the continuous monitoring of all traffic operations assets in the production, writing and presentation of traffic reports & digital content. Must plan and prepare for upcoming traffic coverage for planned traffic events as well as unplanned traffic events.
The anticipated starting salary range for New York-based individuals expressing interest in this position is $45,000-$50,000.
Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and location of the applicant, as well as internal and external equity.
Audacy offers full time employees with a comprehensive benefits package to include: health care coordinator, medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, disability, life insurance, critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, paid time off (sick, vacation, personal, parental, volunteer), 401(k) retirement plan, discounted employee stock purchase, student loan payment assistance program, legal assistance, life assistance program, identity theft protection, discounted home and auto insurance, and pet insurance.
Responsibilities / What you’ll do:
• Monitoring of Traffic gathering data assets (i.e. Traffic camera imagery, scanner listening, Station tip callers etc.)
• Gather, produce, write and edit traffic reporting information
• Write, edit and manage content on TWIN/Audacy Social Media platforms i.e. Twitter
• Communicate Traffic information to airborne Traffic surveillance aircraft
• Manage incoming Traffic information received from station tip callers
• Other duties as required by management
Qualifications / About You / Required:
• Knowledge of the New York Tri-State area Traffic geography
• Minimum 2 year traffic or news reporting for broadcast media
• Knowledge of Google Workspace, Slack and other online collaboration platforms is preferred
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to a changing and highly challenging environment
• College degree preferred, but not required
• Must be able to gather & ready real time incident and other traffic information
• Must be computer literate, have excellent writing and presentation skills
• Must have a can-do attitude with a willingness to perform any task big or small
• Must be an experienced story teller when communicating Traffic info to Reporters
• Knowledge of the NY Tri-State broadcast area commuting/local geography and all transportation systems are essential
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a leading multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best collection of local music, news and sports brands, a premium podcast creator, major event producer, and digital innovator. Audacy engages 200 million consumers each month, bringing people together around content that matters to them. www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).