Technical Engineering Assistant
Full Time Job
Audacy Greenville in beautiful South Carolina has a rare opportunity for a Full-Time Engineer.
What You'll Do:
• Maintain integrity of all on-air and on-line products, including FM, HD and AM transmissions, digital audio & audio streaming
• Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair the all broadcast radio station equipment, including transmitters, antennas, satellite downlinks, automation system, studio equipment, remote equipment, generators, telephone system and related other equipment
• Install broadcast equipment at studios, transmitter sites, in company vehicles, at remote broadcast locations, and at two-way sites in keeping with good engineering practice.
• Assist in planning and development of all aspects of technical facilities including studios, transmitters, telephone systems, satellite, STL, computers and data networks.
• Create instructional materials and teach operators to use technical equipment and systems.
• Minimum two years of experience in broadcast facility maintenance, including hands-on support of FM radio transmitters and modern studio equipment at a radio station.
• Basic knowledge of computers and IT systems is a must, including proficiency with Google, (GMail, Doc’s Sheets, Slides) * Experience with modern digital audio systems including Wide Orbit, Vox Pro and Livewire is highly desirable.
• SBE Certification is preferred * Must have a valid driver's license and, if a personal vehicle is required.
• Strong proven skills including ability to multitask in a multiple-project environment.
• Availability to work various hours / days, including some weekends and holidays.
• Ability to provide on-call status 24/7 in case of equipment failure.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills are critical,with knowledge of remote repairs on computers via Zoom or other remote software.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• A valid driver's license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires the use of the applicant's own vehicle, proof of insurance is required.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a leading multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best collection of local music, news and sports brands, a premium podcast creator, major event producer, and digital innovator. Audacy engages 200 million consumers each month, bringing people together around content that matters to them. www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).