Technical Engineering Assistant
Full Time Job
Audacy Greenville in beautiful South Carolina has a rare opportunity for a Full-Time Engineer.
What You'll Do:
• Maintain integrity of all on-air and on-line products, including FM, HD and AM transmissions, digital audio & audio streaming
• Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair the all broadcast radio station equipment, including transmitters, antennas, satellite downlinks, automation system, studio equipment, remote equipment, generators, telephone system and related other equipment
• Install broadcast equipment at studios, transmitter sites, in company vehicles, at remote broadcast locations, and at two-way sites in keeping with good engineering practice.
• Assist in planning and development of all aspects of technical facilities including studios, transmitters, telephone systems, satellite, STL, computers and data networks.
• Create instructional materials and teach operators to use technical equipment and systems.
• Minimum two years of experience in broadcast facility maintenance, including hands-on support of FM radio transmitters and modern studio equipment at a radio station.
• Basic knowledge of computers and IT systems is a must, including proficiency with Google, (GMail, Doc’s Sheets, Slides) * Experience with modern digital audio systems including Wide Orbit, Vox Pro and Livewire is highly desirable.
• SBE Certification is preferred * Must have a valid driver's license and, if a personal vehicle is required.
• Strong proven skills including ability to multitask in a multiple-project environment.
• Availability to work various hours / days, including some weekends and holidays.
• Ability to provide on-call status 24/7 in case of equipment failure.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills are critical,with knowledge of remote repairs on computers via Zoom or other remote software.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• A valid driver's license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires the use of the applicant's own vehicle, proof of insurance is required.
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).