Talk And Sports Producer
Part Time Job
If you love sports, WILK Newsradio, Northeast PA’s premiere NewsTalk radio station, is looking for an energetic sports fan to join our team as a part-time producer for our sports broadcasts. WILK is the flagship station for the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, and NEPA’s home for Penn State Nittany Lion football and basketball. Primary responsibilities will be running the games, communicating with the play by play host, editing highlights and possibly reporting during intermission on sports news and scores.
What You'll Do:
• Producing local talk shows
• Producing Sports Programs including Penn State Football and WB/Scr Penguins hockey
• Editing/uploading programs to podcast
• Social media promotion as needed
• Scheduling guests and live interviews.
• Researching broadcast topics.
• Protecting the station’s FCC license.
• Assisting in the development of on-air promotions.
• Providing creative input on broadcast elements.
• Scheduling talent appearances.
• Overseeing live remote broadcasts.
• Contributing to social networking and website updates.
• Other duties as required by management.
More About You:
Required & Preferred:
• Must be computer literate; requires creative approach and ability to prioritize.
• Knowledge of the broadcast area and station demographics is essential.
• A valid driver’s license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant’s own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a leading multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best collection of local music, news and sports brands, a premium podcast creator, major event producer, and digital innovator. Audacy engages 200 million consumers each month, bringing people together around content that matters to them. www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).