Sr Director, Product - Consumer Experience
AudacyNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Delivering the absolute best listener experience. To as many users as possible. In as many delightful moments as possible. That’s what the Audacy Product team is all about. We look to deliver a personalized experience and audio universe inclusive of the thousands of radio stations, millions of podcasts, expansive premium on-demand and live audio content across music, sports, news and entertainment to listeners everywhere - whether on mobile, driving in the car, listening on a smart speaker, or a platform not yet core to daily living.
We’re looking for a highly experienced Sr Director of Product to run the Audacy Customer Experience team and oversee the vision, strategy and roadmap of the Audacy direct-to-consumer platform. You’ll play an integral role in helping the company achieve its ambitious growth goals over the next several years by delivering innovative and new audio experiences for listeners everywhere. As a product leader in the organization, you will work closely with team members across marketing, content, programming, design and engineering to ensure product milestones, KPIs, and financial goals are met. We’re looking for candidates with a proven ability to work effectively with all levels within the organization, a strong aptitude for idea generation, and the ability to work with the subtleties of experience design, data-driven consumer products and data-driven iteration.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will
• Develop, lead, and execute on a product vision, strategy, and roadmap for the Audacy direct-to-consumer experience, including the launch of a new subscription product
• Own the consumer interface across all platforms including mobile app, web, smart speaker, OTT, auto and emerging devices. You’ll shape how our customers experience the product and brand.
• Define and champion a subscription strategy and experience to diversify the platform revenue stream
• Demand and create a data-driven product culture that emphasizes continuous testing, experimentation, iterative design and development using lean/agile methodology
• Define and own clear business KPIs, key results, and product goals around platform growth, acquisition, engagement, retention and expansion
• Set clear goals, managing project loads and allocating product managers accordingly, ensuring deadlines are met and setting up team members for overall success
• Oversee all tracks of product work, including audience growth, engagement, growth and platforms work ensuring that tracks use the right indicators to measure success and that their work fits together into a cohesive product strategy
You will be successful by
• Developing relationships with your engineering, design, marketing, and business partners to get the best out of your teammates - both in how you work together, and what you deliver to our listeners.
• Being an excellent communicator and storyteller, communicating concepts and ideas in different formats, depending on context. You can receive feedback while being assertive when needed. You know how to influence decision-making at all levels within an organization, using a variety of evidence and communication styles.
• Partner with UX on devising better, simpler, smarter interactions. Whenever possible, think beyond the competitive status quo to bring new perspectives and ideas to UX problems and solutions.
• Hiring, leading, growing and upskilling direct and indirect reports in the product management domain.
• Set high standards for yourself and others and are able to help others meet these with both a servant-leader and growth mindset.
We are excited about you because
• 12 years of experience in product management, preferably in video or audio technology
• 5 years of managing product teams
• Experience in launching or working with premium subscription products/services in audio streaming, AVOD, TVOD or SVOD business models
• Strong experience working with app technologies, video or audio streaming, media platforms, subscription systems and platform integrations
• Demonstrated creative prowess and capability, or ability to effectively manage creatives and/or the creative thinking process
• Deep understanding of digital product best practices and agile methodology.
• A proven track record of successfully shipping consumer products that meet customer needs and drive business impact
• Passionate about the consumer experience -- pushing for elegant experiences and creative solutions rooted in deep understanding of how consumers are actually using the product
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
Audacy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Audacy affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Audacy, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.