Sr. Campaign Manager, Talent Planning & Strategy
AudacyLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Sr. Campaign Manager, Talent Planning and Strategy. Podcorn, an Audacy Company, is the largest marketplace connecting brands and podcasters for native brand integrations. With self-service and managed options, Podcorn leverages technology to take the pain out of finding and sponsoring podcast personalities while empowering podcasters to monetize their voices and passions in a way that is engaging for listeners. Podcorn is hiring a Sr. Campaign Manager, Talent Planning and Strategy to oversee talent planning, curation and strategy for Podcorn’s Managed Service campaigns. This role is focused on pre and post sales processes. As Podcorn’s expert podcast curator, you will partner closely with sellers to build winning campaign proposals; curate, contract and book talent; build and run winning campaigns; and nurture and establish independent podcasters and network partner relationships. The role requires seamless multitasking, impeccable customer service and project management of campaigns, data-driven creative and talent strategy recommendations, and ongoing advertiser and podcaster education, all aimed at helping advertisers and podcasters partner effectively. The ideal candidate wants to experiment with and push creative boundaries to make audio advertising more native and more relevant for listeners while helping podcasters monetize. We are looking for entrepreneurial, creative, forward thinking, and kind people who are great at multitasking and managing many creators and projects at the same time.
What You'll Do:
• Maintain working knowledge of Podcorn’s creator inventory and work with sellers to build winning campaign proposals, curate talent lists and put together campaign strategies
• Effectively pitch sponsorship opportunities to podcasters, negotiate full deal cycles starting with pitching sponsorship opportunities to podcasters and leading into audio production and campaign completion
• Project manage campaigns including podcaster curation, client comms, workflow, timelines, asset development, delivery, and budget tracking
• Handle numerous campaigns and clients at one time while tracking timelines/due dates for campaign deliverables, launches and/or revisions
• Monitor Campaigns to ensure all campaigns are hitting the agreed upon goals during their flights. Adjust as appropriate. Alert appropriate parties of any anticipated problems and be prepared with suggested solutions
• Lead ''never-been-done-before'' creative ad executions with advertisers and internal partners
• Obtain necessary approvals and communicate plans to relevant stakeholders
• Anticipate and independently manage the troubleshooting of complex issues surfaced pre and during the campaign life-cycle
• Set agenda for and drive kick-off calls to outline podcaster selection and execution details
• Work collaboratively and proactively with internal team and external agencies to assess project requirements and ensure efficient development and delivery of assets per the marketing plan
• Build premier client recap decks, leveraging various sets of performance data and metrics
• 3 years experience as a Talent Planner, Talent Coordinator, Campaign Manager or another relevant role at a high growth company
• Bachelors’ degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, Advertising or another related field
• Digital advertising experience and understanding of related ad specifications, and/or podcast advertising experience, and/or influencer marketing experience
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (written and verbal) and great at leading strategy meetings with clients
• Comfortable working with ambiguity and able to prioritize accordingly
• Experience with Salesforce, Excel, Powerpoint and ability to create decks
• Experience with project management software
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
Audacy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Audacy affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Audacy, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.