Senior Producer - Pineapple Street Media
AudacyNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Pineapple Street Studios was founded in 2016 in Brooklyn, NY, with a clear, simple mission in mind: work with the most interesting and ambitious creative and corporate partners to create the highest quality audio stories in a variety of forms and across a range of genres. We take pride in our flexible approach to partnerships and we strive to make shows that represent a diversity of ideas, communities, and interests. Pineapple is its people. No matter what your title is, no matter your role on a show, we meet each other every day with the same fundamental principles. We believe in, prioritize, and commit to equity and inclusion across the organization. We assume positive intent with our colleagues. We treat one another with respect at all times. We own our mistakes. We are willing to say and to hear hard things and to do so with empathy and a desire to grow. We are professional yet human with our partners. We do not use the shared goal of creating world-class work as an excuse to treat others poorly. We take care of ourselves and each other. Senior Producer The Senior Producer will lead a variety of projects across Pineapple. All our work is highly collaborative and Senior Producers work closely with hosts, producers and editors and are responsible for a combination of creative and managerial work. Senior Producers drive the creative vision of our shows, they take a seedling of an idea and in collaboration with our hosts, lead a team through development and production. Senior Producers who excel at Pineapple find work that continues to push them creatively, technically, and as leaders. That work will often be different from one Senior Producer to the next, and can encompass serialized narrative shows, conversation shows, or both. The range of possible Senior Producer work, the wide breadth of the role, makes it crucial that new Senior Producers are able to self-direct and self-reflect, and to rely on a myriad of production experience to do so.
What You'll Do:
• Drive creative vision alongside hosts, persevere through significant creative and production challenges, and effectively advocate for the show with stakeholders while maintaining understanding and empathy for outside considerations
• Able to quickly identify good tape and how to structure it into a script or script outline, then turn that script into a session and into a completed episode, either in deep collaboration with hosts or as the primary creative visionary
• Create detailed and comprehensive production calendars, deliver shows on time
• Holds the primary/final responsibility for scripting individual episodes of serialized narrative and conversation-based shows; or the primary responsibility for co-writing with writers/hosts who write
• Communicates to team members when they’re doing well, and when they’re falling short and gives guidance on remedies and expectations kindly but clearly, even when it’s awkward
• Leads the research & structuring of series/shows (reading, reporting, pre-interviewing, finding the right voices, identifying missing ideas)
• Leads development on new projects and works closely with hosts, from start to finish
• Transparently structures and clearly communicates production process and deadlines, for partners and junior staff
• 6 years in audio production, and a proven track record of success on narrative podcasts
• Experience independently leading multiple teams and shows creatively all the way from development, to launch, to series completion, owning creative vision and incorporating performance feedback from one project to the next
• Leadership experience mentoring more junior staff, identifying knowledge gaps, and teaching junior staff aspects of production as they’re still learning
• Comfortable communicating with editors/managers about deadlines, targets, budgets, and any problems that arise. You know when to raise a red flag.
• Demonstrated exceptional organizational and communication skills
• Mastery in audio editing software (Pro Tools preferred) Location: NYC OR LA
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
Audacy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Audacy affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Audacy, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.