Search Engine Marketing Senior Account Manager
Full Time Job
Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Senior Account Manager
If you are passionate about being a part of something innovative, if you have a great attitude and are comfortable with a fast-paced and collaborative work environment, then join our team!
Audacy is seeking a Senior Account Manager for paid search to become an integral part of our growing digital marketing solutions agency. Reporting to the Director of Search, the qualified candidate will be responsible for growth of key search accounts - taking performance to the next level – and managing a small team. We work across a wide range of customers and verticals so flexibility is key including experience with YouTube and Shopping. From pre-sale to post-sale, we estimate, build, monitor, analyze and problem solve clients' advertising campaigns as well as serve as the primary campaign lead with the sales team and vendors.
If you have the experience we’re looking for, then read on!
Audacy offers full time employees with a comprehensive benefits package to include: health care coordinator, medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, disability, life insurance, critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, paid time off (sick, vacation, personal, parental, volunteer), 401(k) retirement plan, discounted employee stock purchase, student loan payment assistance program, legal assistance, life assistance program, identity theft protection, discounted home and auto insurance, and pet insurance.
What You'll Do:
• Lead a small team of account managers and specialists from training & development to problem solving through 1:1 and team-oriented sessions.
• Develop and implement new product offerings and services in conjunction with Director and VP
• Design and implement keywords, text ads and account structure to maximize client performance.
• Optimize account performance based on industry best practices and meet or exceed client objectives
• Perform budget adjustments to accurately spend the client’s budget throughout a particular month and throughout full lifespan
• Analyze campaign performance to deliver in full and clearly communicate to sales any upsell potential
• Minimum of 3-5 years of paid search experience
• Ability to work cross-functionally with sales and account teams and manage multiple projects and campaigns simultaneously
• Experience with vendor relationships and/or managed services including SLAs, deal terms, etc.
• Advanced knowledge of Google Ads, Bing Ads, and other programmatic search platforms like Matchcraft or AdMax Local
• Exceptional analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
• Google Ads certified - Google Shopping or Youtube experience is a plus
• Digital Marketing, Paid Search experience: 5 years
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
Audacy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Audacy affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Audacy, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.