PT News Producer
AudacyLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/1/2023 8:31:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Radio Category
Search for PT News Producer jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all PT News Producer postings
Part Time Job
KNX News 97.1 FM, Southern California’s agenda-setting multimedia newsroom, is looking for a forward-thinking producer to help create engaging, modern-sounding, relatable news shows that are both informative and entertaining.
What You'll Do:
• Collaborate with editors, writers, reporters, anchors and news assistants to build shows that are engaging and flow naturally.
• Research and line up compelling interviews for news anchors.
• Research, conduct and edit off-air interviews.
• Pursue news tips and leads and help coordinate coverage during breaking/developing news.
• Propose story ideas and contribute to daily and long-term coverage plans.
• Write and update compelling scripts, incorporating the best sound bites, music, sound effects or other elements to make stories and other content stand out at all times.
• Monitor social media, wire services, websites and other broadcast outlets.
• Related newsroom duties as necessary
Required and Preferred:
• The right person for the job is an aggressive, energetic, enthusiastic, and creative team player and self-starter.
• Prior major-market news writing and producing experience required.
• Must have the desire and ability to write quickly, clearly, concisely, creatively, conversationally, AND with an edge, while under unrelenting deadline pressure.
• Must know how to work a story, seeking out the strongest newsmakers and interview subjects.
• Must work well with others and interact well with the public.
• Strong multi-tasking skills required.
• Strong computer and social media skills required.
• Must be available to work all hours, overnights, and weekends and be amenable to schedule changes. This may include last-minute changes, as well as long-term adjustments.
• Familiarity with Southern California, especially Los Angeles and Orange counties (i.e.politics, geography, lifestyle,culture etc.) preferred.
• Have working knowledge of legal guidelines, FCC rules, etc. and how they apply to writing, news gathering and producing.
• Must join the Writers Guild of America.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. A valid driver’s license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant’s own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required.
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the employee, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
The anticipated starting salary range for California based individuals expressing interest in this position is $42.39/hr. Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and location of the applicant, as well as internal and external equity.
Audacy offers full time employees with a comprehensive benefits package to include: health care coordinator, medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, disability, life insurance, critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, paid time off (sick, vacation, personal, parental, volunteer), 401(k) retirement plan, discounted employee stock purchase, student loan payment assistance program, legal assistance, life assistance program, identity theft protection, discounted home and auto insurance, and pet insurance.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD; OTC: AUDA) is a leading multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best collection of local music, news and sports brands, a premium podcast creator, major event producer, and digital innovator. Audacy engages 200 million consumers each month, bringing people together around content that matters to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp), X (@AudacyCorp), LinkedIn (@Audacy-Inc), Instagram (@lifeataudacy) and Threads (@Audacy_Corp).
Audacy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Audacy affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Audacy, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.