AudacyNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Are you a die-hard sports fan with experience in sports audio production? Audacy is looking for an ambitious, versatile audio and content producer to help build out the 2400Sports podcast network.
The ideal candidate is organized, creative and has a keen ear for high-quality content. You are a leader and understand the nuances of talent management and how to work well with different types of people. You love to work collaboratively on show production and present your ideas in a clear and concise manner. You recognize the power of social media and the importance of leveraging adjacent platforms to build brand loyalty. You are an avid podcast listener and are up to date with the latest news around the sports world.
What You'll Do:
• Assume overall responsibility for the quality and execution of podcast(s), including initial episode edits, show flow, and direction, in collaboration with talent
• Take initiative in pitching solid host, guest, segment, and story ideas
• Work with hosts to structure interview questions and develop episode outlines
• Consistently pull the best tape from segments and interviews to be distributed to the video, social and editorial teams
• Make editorial decisions around length, outlines, and scripting
• Develop new strategies to engage the audience across platforms and awareness of the podcast channel
• Create a recording schedule and coordinate host recording sessions
• Ensure that all podcast ads are running smoothly and effectively
• Collaborate with the Production Manager and Operations Manager periodically to ensure audience and revenue targets are being met
• Willingness to work on multiple projects and perform duties beyond normal expectations upon your manager’s request
• Bachelor's Degree OR equivalent work experience
• 3 years of total work experience in production roles in sports media
• Proficient in Adobe Audition or similar audio editing software
• Proficient in Megaphone, Omny or interchangeable podcast publishing platforms
• Understanding of the podcasting and sports radio landscape
• Experience with talent, editorial and production management
• Highly adept and proficient in Google Docs, Sheets, Slides or other similar applications
• Superb organizational skills, attention to detail and time-management
• Excellent communication skills, written and spoken
• Ability to efficiently work independently, while having a knack for leading a collaborative process
• Capacity to multitask
Pursuant to NYC's Vaccination Workplace Requirement, employers may not allow any unvaccinated workers to work at their workplace. Therefore, we require all incoming employees who will be working in our New York City offices to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a leading multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best collection of local music, news and sports brands, a premium podcast creator, major event producer, and digital innovator. Audacy engages 200 million consumers each month, bringing people together around content that matters to them. www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).