AudacyNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Are you a die-hard sports fan with experience in sports audio production? Audacy is looking for an ambitious, versatile audio and content producer to help build out the 2400Sports podcast network.
The ideal candidate is organized, creative and has a keen ear for high-quality content. You are a leader and understand the nuances of talent management and how to work well with different types of people. You love to work collaboratively on show production and present your ideas in a clear and concise manner. You recognize the power of social media and the importance of leveraging adjacent platforms to build brand loyalty. You are an avid podcast listener and are up to date with the latest news around the sports world.
What You'll Do:
• Assume overall responsibility for the quality and execution of podcast(s), including initial episode edits, show flow, and direction, in collaboration with talent
• Take initiative in pitching solid host, guest, segment, and story ideas
• Work with hosts to structure interview questions and develop episode outlines
• Consistently pull the best tape from segments and interviews to be distributed to the video, social and editorial teams
• Make editorial decisions around length, outlines, and scripting
• Develop new strategies to engage the audience across platforms and awareness of the podcast channel
• Create a recording schedule and coordinate host recording sessions
• Ensure that all podcast ads are running smoothly and effectively
• Collaborate with the Production Manager and Operations Manager periodically to ensure audience and revenue targets are being met
• Willingness to work on multiple projects and perform duties beyond normal expectations upon your manager’s request
• Bachelor's Degree OR equivalent work experience
• 3 years of total work experience in production roles in sports media
• Proficient in Adobe Audition or similar audio editing software
• Proficient in Megaphone, Omny or interchangeable podcast publishing platforms
• Understanding of the podcasting and sports radio landscape
• Experience with talent, editorial and production management
• Highly adept and proficient in Google Docs, Sheets, Slides or other similar applications
• Superb organizational skills, attention to detail and time-management
• Excellent communication skills, written and spoken
• Ability to efficiently work independently, while having a knack for leading a collaborative process
• Capacity to multitask
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
Audacy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Audacy affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Audacy, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.