Part Time Digital Content Editor
Part Time Job
KYW Newsradio, Philadelphia’s leading multimedia newsroom, is seeking an experienced digital content editor/producer to drive audience growth on platforms such as KYWNewsradio.com, the Audacy app, and smart speakers.
• Create and curate content for KYWNewsradio.com, the Audacy app, and associated social media platforms
• Generate original, digital-first story ideas on a regular basis
• Work with the Editors (producers), Reporters and digital content team members to determine how stories are packaged on digital platforms
• Assist the digital team in developing procedures and incentives to promote productive online discussions of the community issues being covered by the newsroom
• Work as a trainer and motivator to other content creators to help them build greater followings around their online brands
• Consult with newsroom journalists on how to present their stories online, based on the audience trends of our digital platforms
• At least two years in a newsroom where breaking news content delivered on deadline is its primary focus
• Strong writing, storytelling, news judgment, producing and editing skills
• Basic knowledge of HTML and graphic design
• Basic working knowledge of data visualization tools
• Ability to customize content for optimal engagement on social media platforms
• Ability to deliver on the key metrics for growth with the use of analytics tools
• Excellent time management skills in an environment of rapid and frequent production of new content
• Strong multitasking abilities
• Availability to work weekend shifts
• Valid driver’s license for potential remote story coverage anywhere in the Philadelphia metro area
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a leading multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best collection of local music, news and sports brands, a premium podcast creator, major event producer, and digital innovator. Audacy engages 200 million consumers each month, bringing people together around content that matters to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
Audacy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Audacy affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Audacy, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.