On Air Personality
AudacyNew York, NY
Full Time Job
New York’s flagship sports talk station WFAN 101.9FM/660AM, is seeking a full-time Sports Talk Show Host. If you know New York sports and you are a great story teller with an engaging personality we may have the perfect job for you. You will create and deliver a daily fast-paced entertaining and sports show, focusing heavily on comprehensive coverage of the major New York sports brands and the development of hot topics of local and national scope. If you understand that radio is a two-way, cross-platform digital experience, WFAN may be the place for you!
What You'll Do:
• Perform live broadcasts that are entertaining and informative
• Communicate daily with producer and program director to ensure program goals are met
• Assist the show producer with daily strategies, story angles and guest ideas and acquisition
• Interact with the audience on-air and via social media on a daily basis
• Maintain strong contacts and relationships with local sports brands
• Create daily content for website and social media channels
• Prepare and research for broadcasts
• Protect the station’s FCC license
• Monitor the shows and commercial logs for the airshift
• Ensuring that promotions and contests are executed properly
• Making personal appearances at station events and remote broadcasts
• Other duties as required by management.
More About You:
• Must be an excellent communicator with strong creative skills
• Must have solid productions skills and a strong working knowledge of studio audio equipment necessary for on-air and production execution.
• Knowledge of the format and audience required
• Excellent on-air voice with demonstrated track record required
• Knowledgeable of FCC guidelines
• Major Market on air experience.
• Connections and familiarity with New York sports landscape
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them.