News Writer / Editor
AudacyLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Audacy LA is looking for a Full Time News Writer / Editor!
What You'll Do:
• Edit and produce newscasts
• Manage a near-continuous flow of information by writing and updating scripts, pursuing stories by phone, and assigning reporters
• Digital audio editing
• Supervise and manage writers, reporters, and anchors and offer clear direction to all
• Propose and contribute to daily and long-term coverage plans
• Research and line up compelling interviews
• Related newsroom duties as necessary
Required and Preferred:
• The right person for the job is an aggressive, energetic, enthusiastic, and creative team player and self-starter.
• Must have the desire and ability to write quickly, clearly, concisely, creatively, and with an edge.
• Must be able to write and edit compelling news stories under extreme deadline pressure.
• Must work well with others and interact well with the public.
• Prior major-market news writing and producing experience required. Strong multi-tasking skills required.
• Strong computer skills required. Familiarity with Los Angeles area including politics, geography, lifestyle, etc. preferred.
• Must be available to work all hours, overnights, and weekends and be amenable to changes in work shift.
• Required to join the Writers Guild of America.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. A valid driver’s license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant’s own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required.
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the employee, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).