News Production Assistant
Full Time Job
Part-time News Production Assistants work in the KYW newsroom as an assistant to the editor on duty and the broadcast managing editor.
What You'll Do:
• News Production Assistants are responsible for coordinating the retrieval and labeling of sound, transcribing copy from field reporters, answering newsroom phone lines, and updating information such as sports scores, weather and market information. They must be able to handle listener inquiries and complaints in a polite, efficient manner.
• News Production Assistants should be able to recognize the urgency of phone calls (sources, breaking news tips, notice of news conferences) and make sure those calls are directed to the correct individual.
• As KYW Newsradio is a 24-hour business, News Production Assistants are expected to be available to work irregular hours, such as evenings, overnights, and weekends. We value ingenuity and a ''can do'' attitude in our production assistants.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
More About You:
Required & Preferred:
• A college degree, with a concentration in broadcast journalism is preferred.
• Seniors with a demonstrated interest in broadcasting through internships or experience in college radio/television will be considered. It is important that student applicants have a class schedule that allows them work evenings, weekends and overnight weekend hours.
• A valid driver’s license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant’s own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required.
**A current resume and cover letter are required.**
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD; OTC: AUDA) is a leading multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best collection of local music, news and sports brands, a premium podcast creator, major event producer, and digital innovator. Audacy engages 200 million consumers each month, bringing people together around content that matters to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp), X (@AudacyCorp), LinkedIn (@Audacy-Inc), Instagram (@lifeataudacy) and Threads (@Audacy_Corp).
Audacy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Audacy affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Audacy, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.