News Production Assistant
AudacyNew York, NY
Full Time Job
1010 WINS, New York's only all-news station, is looking for a part-time News Production Assistant (NPA) to work in our fast-paced iconic newsroom. This role is an entry-level position in our newsroom and introduces employees to our broadcast procedures. The primary function of this position is to support the news gathering operation in many ways. NPAs answer and make phone calls on stories to gather and confirm reportable information. They conduct phone interviews with newsmaker and politicians that is used for broadcast. They search the web and social media for news interview subjects or information gathering purposes. We hope that by working with seasoned news professionals, an NPA learns how to execute the radio news format at the most listened to all news station in the country. If you are a New York City news junky, this role is a perfect fit.
What You'll Do:
• Must be willing to work different shifts as part of a 24/7 news operation. Includes working weekends, holidays, and overnights.
• Assist editors and management in all aspects of newsroom operations
• Conduct phone interviews with newsmakers
• Download and edit audio from our news partners for broadcast
• Answer telephones and handle listener questions
More about you:
• Radio production and journalism background strongly preferred
• Familiarity with social media platforms
• Must be able to manage and meet strict deadlines
• Broadcast news awareness and writing experience
• Knowledge of current events and industry trends
• Understanding the local market
• Working knowledge of general office computer software, newsroom software, and audio/video editing systems is a plus
Pursuant to NYC's Vaccination Workplace Requirement, employers may not allow any unvaccinated workers to work at their workplace. Therefore, we require all incoming employees who will be working in our New York City offices to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a leading multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best collection of local music, news and sports brands, a premium podcast creator, major event producer, and digital innovator. Audacy engages 200 million consumers each month, bringing people together around content that matters to them. www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).