News Production Assistant
AudacyNew York, NY
Full Time Job
1010 WINS, New York’s 24-hour all-news station, is looking for a part-time News Production Assistant (NPA). This is an entry-level position with great growth potential. The successful candidate will possess strong communications skills, the ability to multi-task under deadline pressure, and strong critical thinking skills. Must be comfortable working independently and as part of a team, be immersed in local news, and understand the importance of ethics and news standards. Creativity, curiosity, and strong social media skills are strongly encouraged. This is a tough, big city newsroom filled with hard-driving seasoned news professionals. If you thrive under pressure, want a career in the news industry, and want to learn how to handle the biggest local stories in America then this role may be a perfect fit for you.
What You'll Do:
• Must be willing to work different shifts as part of a 24/7 news operation, includes working weekends, holidays, and overnights
• Assist editors and management in all aspects of newsroom operations
• Conduct interviews with newsmakers
• Monitor and contribute to social media
• Identify news stories and ideas to pitch to editors and manage ment
• Radio production and journalism background strongly preferred
• Familiarity with how to leverage social media platforms
• Must be able to manage and meet strict deadlines
• Knowledge of current events and industry trends
• Working knowledge of general office computer software, newsroom software, and audio/video editing systems a plus
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them.