News Production Assistant / 1010 Wins
AudacyNew York, NY
Full Time Job
1010 WINS, New York’s 24-hour all-news station, is looking for a full-time News Production Assistant (NPA). This is an entry-level position with great growth potential. The successful candidate will possess strong communications skills, the ability to multi-task under deadline pressure, and strong critical thinking skills. Must be comfortable working independently and as part of a team, be immersed in local news, and understand the importance of ethics and news standards. Creativity, curiosity, and strong social media skills are strongly encouraged. This is a tough, big city newsroom filled with hard-driving seasoned news professionals. If you thrive under pressure, want a career in the news industry, and want to learn how to handle the biggest local stories in America then this role may be a perfect fit for you.
The anticipated starting salary range for New York, NY based individuals expressing interest in this position is $36,000/yr - $38,459.20/yr.
Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and location of the applicant, as well as internal and external equity.
Audacy offers full time employees with a comprehensive benefits package to include: health care coordinator, medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, disability, life insurance, critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, paid time off (sick, vacation, personal, parental, volunteer), 401(k) retirement plan, discounted employee stock purchase, student loan payment assistance program, legal assistance, life assistance program, identity theft protection, discounted home and auto insurance, and pet insurance.
• Must be willing to work different shifts as part of a 24/7 news operation, includes working weekends, holidays, and overnights
• Assist editors and management in all aspects of newsroom operations
• Conduct interviews with newsmakers
• Monitor and contribute to social media
• Identify news stories and ideas to pitch to editors and management
• Radio production and journalism background strongly preferred
• Familiarity with how to leverage social media platforms
• Must be able to manage and meet strict deadlines
• Knowledge of current events and industry trends
• Working knowledge of general office computer software, newsroom software, and audio/video editing systems a plus
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a leading multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best collection of local music, news and sports brands, a premium podcast creator, major event producer, and digital innovator. Audacy engages 200 million consumers each month, bringing people together around content that matters to them. www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).