Full Time Job
Audacy is seeking a Network Administrator to work in our IT Department supporting the company’s LAN/WAN, Telephony, and Video infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of network engineering, management and design experience along with education/ equivalent work experience within Information Systems.
What you'll do:
• Leverage past experience and technical knowledge to develop and maintain the company’s LAN/WAN, Telephony, and Video infrastructure
• Works closely with internal customers, IT staff, vendors, cloud providers and consults to coordinate plans for developing projects
• Creates documentation, system standards and SOPs within the organization
• Ensures all backups for network devices are recoverable and tested
• Plans for and implements network upgrades and manages/monitors network bandwidth
• Generates and presents reports regarding network metrics and communicates necessary goals objectives to company stakeholders
• Ensures that all network related hardware and software is operating properly and is on supported versions/releases
• Management of third party vendors to ensures successful resolution
• Tracks projects and day-to-day work schedules and plans for forecasting for future network utilization and requirements
• Identifies and determines risks regarding security issues and informs management
• Maintains deep level of expertise of network and systems management tools
• Assists team members in day-to-day operations as well as mentors other members of the IT team
• Maintains and upgrades current OS and firmware of network equipment as required
• Adheres to change management procedures to mitigate the disruption of services to the business
• Participates in external forums and independently pursues knowledge of new network management trends
• A solid background in Cisco switching and Routing
• Experience with Watchgaurd firewalls
• BS in Information Sciences, a related discipline or equivalent job experience required
• 5-7 years of network engineering, management and design experience required
• Must be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of business priorities and hit key business objectives
• Load balancer configuration
• Capacity Planning and Network Management
• Proven experience in managing a large scale WAN
• In depth background of VoIP, VPNs, firewalls and associated protocols
• Knowledge in operating systems and network security
• A solid knowledge of wireless networks and associated encryption methods
• Solid written and communication skills.
• Vendor management experience
• Must be able to teach and mentor peers and project teams
• Motivational skills to create team cohesiveness and to foster a positive environment
• Certifications are a plus
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
Audacy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Audacy affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Audacy, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.