Morning Traffic Reporter / Podcast Producer
Full Time Job
WILK Newsradio, Northeast PA’s newstalk leader, is seeking a talented traffic reporter and podcast producer. This is a full time hybrid position. We are looking for a dynamic and talented professional to work as a morning drive traffic reporter and morning show podcast producer.
What You'll Do:
Gather, write and select traffic stories to run in radio traffic reports, over air, online, and on social media platforms. Must plan and prepare for upcoming traffic coverage for planned traffic events as well as unplanned traffic events.
• Gathering, writing, recording, editing and delivering traffic reports as outlined by Audacy Inc.
• Monitoring of Traffic gathering data assets (i.e. Traffic camera imagery, scanner listening, etc.
• Post, edit & manage Traffic information to Audacy Social media accounts i.e. Twitter.
• Other duties as asigned by the Manager.
This position will work to grow the audience WILK’s broadcast, podcast and social media platforms. It’s an opportunity to join an award-winning newstalk operation that has built a large loyal listening audience as it creates and distributes an array of new multi-platform content.
• Produce and edit broadcast and podcast episodes for our morning talk shows.
• Research and guide episode segments.
• Produce and edit short video segments for social media to complement episodes.
• Publish audio stories, podcasts and short videos on all digital platforms.
• Write and edit headlines and text to position multimedia content for maximum engagement across multiple platforms, including social media channels.
• Other duties as assigned by the Manager.
Required & Preferred:
• Experience producing, editing, and distributing interview-based podcast or broadcast episodes, narrative audio, and/or multimedia digital news content.
• Exceptional writing and storytelling skills.
• Proficiency in Adobe Audition or comparable non-linear digital audio editing software.
• Familiarity with best practices on all social media platforms.
• Strong news judgment and ability to work under deadline pressure.
• Exceptional writing skills.
• Willingness to experiment and innovate.
• Ability to work calmly in a fast-paced, often hectic environment.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments while under deadline pressure.
• Strong organizational skills and solid work ethic.
• Ability to take direction well and provide self-direction.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a leading multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best collection of local music, news and sports brands, a premium podcast creator, major event producer, and digital innovator. Audacy engages 200 million consumers each month, bringing people together around content that matters to them. www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).