Managing Producer Of TV / Film Podcasts
AudacyLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
This Managing Producer of TV/Film Podcasts works closely with executive producers, producers, associate producers, engineers, contractors, and hosts to manage primarily interview and conversation-based series that are connected to TV shows, films, and the entertainment industry at large. While these shows have a variety of voices, genres, and formats, they are rooted in audience curiosity and bloom into compelling audio. Examples of previous shows include The Chernobyl Podcast, Netflix’s Behind The Scenes, The Succession Podcastt, Strong Black Legends, and Lovecraft Country Radio. While there will be opportunities to be a producer on other podcasts across Pineapple Street Studios, TV & Film will be their priority.
This opportunity is located in New York City or Los Angeles.
What You'll Do:
Under the guidance of a Sr. Managing Producer, this managing producer supports internal production teams and works closely with executive producers and partners to maintain smooth production of podcasts.
• Leads management of production from pre-production through post-production
• Sets up and helps maintain organizational systems and team roles
• Creates realistic production calendars and ensures the team meets their deadlines
• Assists in managing host relationships when needed
• Responsible for publishing and archiving projects
• Coordinates internal legal work (NDA’s, release forms, etc)
• Oversees licensing and clearance trackers
• Schedules and leads weekly show check-ins
• Sends all drafts and metadata to partners for review
• Delivers notes from partners to production team
• Contributes to show ideas with the production team
• Attends group listens and gives feedback on the shows
More About You:
Required and Preferred:
The ideal candidate will have the following:
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, especially working with strong-willed creative talent, A-list talent, and clients
• Passionate about management systems and audio
• 1 to 3 years experience in managing podcast productions from start to finish
• Fluency and flexibility in a range of management softwares (i.e. Google Drive, Dropbox, Monday.com)
• Demonstrated ability to organize multiple projects at once and work across geographically-dispersed teams
• Ability to work collaboratively, with multiple people of different opinions, backgrounds
• Enthusiastic about creating an equitable workplace
• Exercises patience, compassion, and a sense of calm when unexpected issues arise
Location: New York City or Los Angeles
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).