Manager Of Digital Content
AudacySan Francisco, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/8/2021 7:29:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Direct to Web Category
Browse the Radio Category
Search for Manager Of Digital Content jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all Manager Of Digital Content postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager Of Digital Content?
Full Time Job
KCBS is launching an exciting transformation of its digital news operation and is seeking talented digital journalists with strong news judgment and news-gathering skills, as well as a passion for local news and audio storytelling. This team will work to grow audience across all platforms, from the mobile web to social media to smart speakers. This is an opportunity to join an award-winning news operation that has built a large loyal listening audience over many years and now seeks to extend its reach by creating and distributing an array of new digital content.
What You'll Do:
• Lead digital content team and direct and supervise their work
• Work with other managers to recruit, select, hire, orient, and train digital content team members
• Set goals and deadlines, organize work flows and schedules, and assign work to members of the digital content team
• Implement productivity standards, monitor team productivity, and appraise team performance
• Work with other managers to provide constructive feedback and coaching, counseling, and discipline to members of digital content team
• Take lead on developing and executing a digital content strategy that grows a large loyal audience
• Oversee social media strategy; manage posts and feeds on all platforms
• Develop story ideas, series, and special projects that complement broadcast news coverage
• Oversee daily news coverage, assign, review, and edit articles
• Write news stories, with all applicable elements, including SEO-friendly headlines, photos, audio, video and embedded social elements with speed and accuracy
• Post to social media accounts, compose push notifications and newsletters
• Review and approve podcasts and other specialty multimedia content
• Collaborate with broadcast staff to adapt and tailor stories and other content for digital
• Publish articles, audio stories, podcasts and short videos on all digital platforms
• Write and edit headlines and text to position content for maximum engagement on the mobile web, apps, and social media
• Ensure all daily content is optimized for SEO
• Use real-time metrics in Google Analytics and Chartbeat to drive editorial/story decisions
• Work with marketing, audience development, and sales to identify opportunities to expand distribution and revenue potential of digital content
• Develop and maintain editorial calendar and schedule
• Develop clear goals and KPIs around scale, engagement and TLH that hold team accountable for progress
Candidates will be asked to submit writing samples and may be asked to take an edit test.
Required and Preferred:
• Passion for local news, podcasts, and digital media
• Experience and demonstrated ability working with broadcast or other legacy media
• Ability to evaluate news leads and news tips to develop story ideas
• Willingness to experiment and innovate
• Strong organizational skills and solid work ethic
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Experience with Adobe Audition, or similar audio editing program
• A valid driver’s license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant’s own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them.