Knx News Digital Writer / Producer
AudacyLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/22/2023 6:30:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Podcast Category
Search for Knx News Digital Writer / Producer jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Knx News Digital Writer / Producer postings
Full Time Job
KNX News 97.1 FM, Southern California’s agenda-setting multimedia newsroom, is seeking a talented digital journalist with strong news judgment and news-gathering skills, as well as a passion for local news and audio storytelling to join its digital team. This is an opportunity to join an award-winning outlet with a wide reach, loyal audience, and rapidly expanding digital presence.
What You'll Do:
• Develop story ideas, report, research and write original digital articles and multimedia stories
• Produce, edit, and optimize audio reporting for multimedia presentations
• Collaborate with KNX News’s audio news team and digital journalists to package and promote multi-platform content to the widest possible audience
• Develop and execute strategies to leverage KNX News’s original journalism for audience growth on all platforms.
• Produce and edit short videos based on KNX News reporting
• Respond to breaking news and actively monitor sources of breaking news (Dataminr, Twitter, AP, etc.)
• Collaborate with broadcast staff to advance and tailor stories and other content for digital
• Publish articles, audio stories, podcasts, and short videos on all digital platforms
• Write and edit headlines and text to position content for maximum engagement on the mobile web, apps, and social media
• Produce and edit newsletters
• Ensure all articles comply with AP style and are SEO-friendly
• Ensure stories have appropriate elements (photo, audio, video, social embeds)
• Post to social media accounts and compose push notifications
• Use real-time data in Google Analytics to drive editorial/story decisions
• Brainstorm and execute innovative new social strategies, test new platforms, and expand social monetization opportunities
Required and Preferred:
• Bachelor’s degree
• 2-3 years of experience producing, editing, and distributing digital news content
• Outstanding news judgment, ability to work under deadline pressure
• Exceptional writing and reporting skills
• Experience with content management/online publishing systems
• Ability to edit other writers’ work for clarity and accuracy
• Command of best practices on all social media platforms
• Understands web and social analytics and how to interpret data Desired Characteristics:
• Passion for local news, podcasts, and digital media
• Ability to evaluate news leads and tips to develop story ideas
• Ability to work calmly in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments while under deadline pressure
• Strong organizational skills and solid work ethic
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Willingness to experiment and innovate
• A valid driver’s license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant’s own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required.
The anticipated starting salary range for California based individuals expressing interest in this position is $55,000/Yr to $60,000/Yr. Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and location of the applicant, as well as internal and external equity.
Audacy offers full time employees with a comprehensive benefits package to include: health care coordinator, medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, disability, life insurance, critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, paid time off (sick, vacation, personal, parental, volunteer), 401(k) retirement plan, discounted employee stock purchase, student loan payment assistance program, legal assistance, life assistance program, identity theft protection, discounted home and auto insurance, and pet insurance.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a leading multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best collection of local music, news and sports brands, a premium podcast creator, major event producer, and digital innovator. Audacy engages 200 million consumers each month, bringing people together around content that matters to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
Audacy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Audacy affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Audacy, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.