KCBS Morning Drive News Producer FT
AudacySan Francisco, CA
Part Time Job
Producers are responsible for selecting and editing stories for news broadcast; managing the flow of news and support material to news anchors; conducting recorded interviews with news-makers; writing broadcast copy, assigning reporters to developing news stories; taking in audio feeds and editing audio for broadcast. We are looking for a self-starter and creative journalist who works collaboratively in the deadline-oriented environment of a 24/7 newsroom
What You'll Do:
• Edit and produce newscasts (including but not limited to writing, selecting and editing stories for broadcast and managing the flow of news and support materials to writers, production assistants, reporters and news anchors)
• Manage a near-continuous flow of information by writing and updating scripts, pursuing stories by phone, and assisting in story selection for newscasts and reporters
• Audio editing
• Collaborate with colleagues about news coverage
• Propose and contribute to daily and long-term coverage plans
• Research and line up compelling interviews
• Follow leads, call on breaking stories, conduct off-air interviews with newsmakers and help coordinate activities with colleagues
• Related newsroom duties as necessary
Required and Preferred:
• The right person for the job is an aggressive, energetic, enthusiastic, and creative team player and self-starter
• Must have the desire and ability to write quickly, clearly, concisely, creatively, and with an edge
• Must be able to write and edit compelling news stories under extreme deadline pressure
• Must work well with others and interact well with the public
• Prior major-market news writing and producing experience required
• Strong multi-tasking skills required.
• Strong computer skills required.
• Familiarity with Bay Area including politics, geography, lifestyle, etc. preferred.
• Must be available to work all hours, overnights, and weekends and be amenable to changes in work shift.
• Required to join SAG-AFTRA
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
Audacy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Audacy affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Audacy, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.