FM Brand Manager
Full Time Job
Audacy Chicago is looking for an exceptional and visionary Brand Manager to lead the premiere AAA station in the nation at the legendary WXRT-FM. As a Brand Manager, you will provide artistic, creative, inspirational and professional leadership for WXRT as well as local oversight and communication.
What You'll Do:
Responsible for all aspects of the station’s brand experience, including on-air content (music, imaging, air talent, features, sonic signature and vibe, etc.), events, promotions, contesting and digital presence. Applicants should have proven leadership and management skills and experience, strategic thinking skills with the ability to communication a clear vision, and the ability to motivate and inspire those around them to create their best work and to continue to grow and evolve. A deep understanding of the Triple A format, its history, evolution, and an inspired roadmap for continued growth is mandatory. This station helped create and lead the AAA format for several decades; you’ll help reinvent the format to attract new audiences while remaining true to the format and station’s mission, heritage and commitment to music discovery. You will:
• Craft music logs, schedule and direct talent, engage with artists and record labels to secure unique content and experiences for our audience, help coordinate station visits and in house performances, collaborate with marketing, sales & promotions staff to create results for ratings goals and advertisers while protecting the audience and the brand—ensuring that programming is in and best serves the needs and interests of the station audiences.
• Meet and exceed mutually agreed upon ratings and digital goals in a competitive landscape with enthusiasm, and high standards for yourself and those who work for you.
• Understand how to use station social media to enhance ratings, the brand and audience engagement.
• Believe in and consistently execute talent-coaching meetings.
• Be responsible for adherence and compliance to Company program standards and FCC regulations. Lead and demonstrate by example the importance of the relationship between station and the local community.
• Establish and communicate programming and content goals and vision, and be responsible for the results. Relentlessly creating an environment of constant creation & implementation of dual-purpose ideas that grow ratings and revenue.
• Work collaboratively with sales leadership, understanding and believing in a sales-friendly environment.
• Develop and effectively manage department budget.
• Use promotional strengths of the radio station to help achieve corporate goals.
• Provide rating analysis and reporting both over the air and over digital platforms.
• Establish long-range plans.
• Enhance format effectively and continue to provide industry leadership for the format while maintaining on-going communications with external industry and public organizations.
• Supervise use of any syndicated and/or outside services.
• Supervise all department staff.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
More About You:
• Minimum of 5 years in major market programming management and 4-year degree in related field is preferred.
• Proven ratings and revenue success in the Triple A/Modern Rock/Alternative/Classic Rock/Rock/Classic Hits format in a Top 10 market.
• Must be self-motivated and possess excellent communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with sales and marketing and promotions.
• Comfortable with a dynamic and matrixed work environment.
• Knowledge of FCC rules, geographical demographics and familiarity with broadcast area required.
• Familiar with working in a union environment with represented employees.
• A valid driver’s license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant’s own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required.
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them.