Audacy Fellowship Program - 1010 Wins & AM News Fellowship
AudacyNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We believe diversity makes us stronger – as a team, a community and a nation. We carry this belief through our hiring practices, the content we create and the culture we build within our team. We are committed to partnerships with organizations that advance equity as well as important social and cultural causes, helping to inform how we serve the needs of our listeners, client partners and communities.
As part of our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, we are investing in the future leaders of the audio entertainment industry by creating a fellowship program complete with coaching, mentoring and peer support, among other great benefits. We intend to promote diversity within our company and in media and entertainment by recruiting the best-in-class recent college graduates from underrepresented groups and underserved communities within the industry, as well as other persons who can demonstrate the commitment and desire to pursue a career in our industry.
The fellowship program is a one (1) year structured job assignment designed to fast track career development. The program will provide Fellows early career access to resources, support and professional networks that they might not otherwise experience in a typical internship or entry-level position. Our goal is to attract a more diverse, highly engaged, knowledgeable early career workforce where we can help develop your skills, provide hands-on training and resources from experienced and influential leaders within our company, and ultimately prepare you for career advancement opportunities within our team and the industry at large.
Benefits of participating in our fellowship program:
• Competitive entry-level salary with a comprehensive benefits package
• Coaching, mentoring, and peer support to accelerate learning and growth within the industry
• Join a cohort of Fellows with access to career development experiences, real world education and professional networks beyond what is available in a typical internship or entry level position
• Fellows will have job shadowing experiences to see first-hand how a leading audio and entertainment company operates across teams and platforms including on-air, podcasting, digital, sales, marketing, programming, and more.
What You'll Do:
Two of the nation’s top news brands, Entercom’s 1010WINS and WCBS NEWSRADIO 880, are partnering to offer a combined fellowship program that will provide you with a chance to become a contributing team member working within both newsrooms!
The upcoming year offers some exciting and meaningful opportunities for local coverage including the New York City Mayoral Election, our pandemic recovery, and the 20th Anniversary of the September 11th Attacks. As a News Fellow, you would play a role in the planning, and execution of the coverage of these stories as well as other breaking news events. During your time with us, you will touch all aspects of these news brands and all platforms including sales, marketing, digital and broadcast. The fellow will be supervised by the Brand Managers/News Directors of each radio station and will work a schedule that will involve spending a portion of each week at each station.
• Learn our brand and how our newsroom operates on a daily basis by shadowing, assisting and preparing content
• Conceptualize, suggest and/or pitch news stories
• Research, write, interview, plan and execute the coverage of stories
• Create and edit content for all platforms
• Participate in station’s social media – to connect with listeners, promote upcoming stories and interviews, and to highlight station content
• Contribute content – including but not limited to audio, video and written format
• Participate in an end of Fellowship project with other News Fellows
• Must be a recent graduate of either an undergraduate or relevant advanced degree program; within 2 years of graduation date preferred
• Journalism or creative writing degree preferred
• Must be eligible to work in the United States
• Previous hands on experience in a newsroom, preferred, or a desired interest in: audio editing, storytelling, writing
• Previous social media, podcasting experience, preferred
• Seeking individuals from underrepresented groups, as well as other persons who can demonstrate a commitment to actively participating in our DEI priorities as we work together to build a more diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment
• The ideal Fellow is a motivated, fearless, curious, inquisitive, critical thinker, and passionate individual ready to dive in and start pursing their career in the audio and entertainment industry
• Submit resume along with completed application
• Submit an application essay explaining your desire to be a part of the fellowship program, and why you would make a great candidate (500 words or less) – audio or video clips are welcome!
• Submit two out of three letters of recommendation from the following sources: academic, professional, or personal
• Depending on the fellowship, there may be additional application materials required.
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
Audacy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Audacy affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veter