Part Time Job
WWJ Newsradio 950 is looking for a part time news producer/editor/reporter/anchor to join our award winning team. You MUST be available to work on weekends and evenings.
What You'll Do:
- produce newscasts
- write news stories, somtimes under deadline pressure
- edit audio
- pursue story ideas, news tips, and other news information
- manage and assign stories to reporters
- cover stories in the community
- anchor newscasts when needed
- Two years of broadcast experience
- Available to work evenings/nights and weekends
- Excellent writer
- manage multiple stories / multi-task
- Be aggressive in searching for information and stories
- Team player who works well with others
- Strong computer skills
- Presence on social media
- Familiar with the Detroit/Metro Detroit area
- Must have valid driver's license & must pass a Motor Vehicle Records check
- Required to join SAG-AFTRA
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them.