Editor / Writer Wins
AudacyNew York, NY
Full Time Job
1010 WINS, New York's one and only all-news station, is looking for a news editor and writer to work in our fast-paced iconic newsroom. As an editor, you must have excellent editorial judgment and a deep understanding of current events, national politics, and local news. WINS editors must also take information and news copy and turn it into a story that sounds like a conversation on the city streets. If you understand that compelling writing, great story-telling, and creative use of sound make for a great news product, we want to hear from you. The ideal candidate will be a passionate news junkie with their finger on the pulse of NYC.
New York is the greatest, most diverse city in America. Our stories reflect the people, issues, politics, and quality of life of the city.
What You'll Do:
• Thrives under unrelenting deadline pressure.
• Supervises on-air product, including editorial content
• Select stories for coverage and manage the editorial product in conjunction with News managers
• Oversees line-up of newscasts and makes changes as necessary
• Organizes and delegates assignments
• Coordinates breaking news/weather coverage.
• Extensive writing under deadline pressure
• Ability to continuously update copy throughout shift
• Must be able to read and understand complex material and turn it into easy to understand copy
• Ability to follow breaking news and update source copy
• Work with a team of seasoned professionals
• Strong ability to incorporate audio into written stories
• Have a working knowledge of legal guidelines, FCC rules, etc. and how they apply to your writing
• Candidates must be experts in audio editing and Social Media.
• You must be able to work in one of the most fast-paced radio newsrooms under the most demanding deadlines anywhere.
• You must have the ability to assign and write for major breaking news stories, tragedies, lighter stories, celebrities, newsmakers, and thrive in an environment where your work is subject to intense public scrutiny.
• This position requires a minimum of 3-5 years of major market experience as a broadcast producer/writer.
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them.