Director Of Engineering, Data
Full Time Job
The Data Engineering team is an elite team of data and technology specialists with expertise in the ever-changing universe of Personalization, Recommendations, Search and the practical application of data across a diverse content platform.
The Director of Engineering, Data will be a hands-on engineering lead that owns the definition, execution, and delivery of the services necessary to personalize experiences for our users. Additionally, the Director of Engineering, Data will be responsible for participating in the selection and management of vendors to accelerate business initiatives and provide value. The candidate will be considered a stakeholder with the Enterprise Data Team to ensure that data is flowing to and from the Enterprise Data Lake and Data Systems.
The successful candidate will have a fully-rounded knowledge of successfully developing and delivering organizational and client value solutions. In addition to working effectively in a fast paced multi-disciplinary, multi-team culture.
The anticipated starting salary range for Colorado-based individuals expressing interest in this position is $150,000 - $160,000 per year; this position is eligible for annual incentive compensation.
Audacy offers full time employees with a comprehensive benefits package to include: health care coordinator, medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, disability, life insurance, critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, paid time off (sick, vacation, personal, parental, volunteer), 401(k) retirement plan, discounted employee stock purchase, student loan payment assistance program, legal assistance, life assistance program, identity theft protection, discounted home and auto insurance, and pet insurance.
What You'll Do:
• Build and lead a Personalization & Recommendation team, that will consist of Full Time Employees, Consultants/Contractors and Vendors.
• Develop a personalization/recommendation plan for multiple content types (Audio, Editorial, Event, eCommerce, and Sports Betting)
• Participate in developing a personalization plan and determine the best personalization method (1:1, Persona, Segmentation/Categorization, Journey)
• Advise and consult with other teams, to ensure that the necessary meta data, categorization and tagging is in place to ensure relevant results
• Build and Coach your team, to be able to support multiple business initiatives.
• Be a contributor to the Overall Digital Engineering Platform vision
• Lead and participate in Build vs Buy Decisions for services related to personalization, recommendations, and search.
• Evaluate vendors against current business initiatives, and future directional initiatives.
• Work with and Integrate services & data with the Enterprise Data Team.
Required and Preferred:
• 7 years of demonstrated technology leadership experience implementing large scale personalization, recommendation and search initiatives and client services.
• Experience in hiring and managing teams (both full time and Consultant/Contractor)
• Experience evaluating, managing, and implementing 3rd party personalization platforms, like Evergage, Dynamic Yield, Rich Relevance, Monetate, Certona, Others.
• Experience deploying and running AWS based data solutions and familiar with tools such as Cloud Formation, IAM, Athena, Neptune, Redshift, and Kinesis
• Experience engineering production level big-data solutions using technologies like Databricks or EMR, S3, Spark and an in-depth understanding of data partitioning and sharding techniques
• Familiar with metadata management, data lineage, and principles of data governance
• Experience loading and Querying cloud-hosted databases such as Redshift and Snowflake
• Building streaming data pipelines using Kafka, Kinesis, Spark, or Flink
• Experience working with both engineering and Enterprise data teams.
• Experience building high performance services, to support both mobile, OTT, and web clients.
• Experience testing personalization/recommendation methods and algorithms.
• BA/BS in Computer Science preferred
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
Audacy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Audacy affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Audacy, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.