Digital Podcast / Multimedia Producer
AudacyLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
KNX 1070 Newsradio is launching an exciting transformation of its digital news operation and is seeking talented digital audio producers with strong news judgment and news-gathering skills, as well as a passion for podcasts, local news and audio storytelling. This team will work to grow audience for KNX1070 Newsradio’s original podcasts and across all platforms, from the mobile web to social media to smart speakers. This is an opportunity to join an award-winning news operation that has built a large loyal listening audience over many years and now seeks to extend its reach by creating and distributing an array of new digital content.
• Produce and edit podcasts and long-form audio stories
• Develop and pitch compelling, creative story ideas
• Report, research and write podcast segments based on original story ideas and KNX Newsradio’s reporting
• Coordinate production and logistics in studio and in the field
• Work with broadcast and digital news leads to curate and tailor broadcast audio segments for digital platforms and podcasts
• Produce and edit short video segments to complement long-form audio
• Publish audio stories, podcasts and short videos on all digital platforms
• Write and edit headlines and text to position multimedia content for maximum engagement across multiple platforms, including social media channels
• 2-3 years of experience producing, editing, and distributing podcasts, narrative audio, and/or multimedia digital news content
• Exceptional writing and storytelling skills
• Proficiency in Adobe Audition or comparable non-linear digital audio editing software
• Proficiency in Adobe Premiere or comparable non-linear video editing software
• Familiarity with best practices on all social media platforms
• Strong news judgment and ability to work under deadline pressure
• Experience with content management/online publishing systems
• Passion for local news, podcasts, and audio storytelling
• Heavy consumer of podcasts and digital audio streams on all platforms
• Technological savvy around latest web and mobile apps
• Avid social media user
• Exceptional writing skills
• Willingness to experiment and innovate
• Ability to work calmly in a fast-paced, often hectic environment
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments while under deadline pressure
• Strong organizational skills and solid work ethic
• Ability to take direction well and provide self-direction
• Excellent interpersonal skills
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them.