Digital News Producer
Full Time Job
Audacy is launching an exciting transformation of its digital news operation and is seeking talented digital journalists with strong news judgment and news-gathering skills, as well as a passion for local news and audio storytelling. This
What You'll Do:
This team will work to grow audience across all platforms, from the mobile web to social media to smart speakers. This is an opportunity to join an award-winning news operation that has built a large loyal listening audience over many years and now seeks to extend its reach by creating and distributing an array of new digital content. The Producer will be part of a breaking news team responsible for developing, writing and producing written and audio news content for distribution across a network of news brands.
• Develop story ideas, report, research and write articles
• Respond to breaking news and actively monitor sources of breaking news (Dataminr, Twitter, AP, etc.)
• Publish articles, audio stories, podcasts and short videos on all digital platforms
• Write and edit headlines and text to position content for maximum engagement on the mobile web, apps, and social media
• Ensure all articles comply with AP style and are SEO-friendly
• Ensure stories have appropriate elements (photo, audio, video, social embeds)
• Use real-time data in Google Analytics and Chartbeat to drive editorial/story decisions
• Work with our local newsrooms to identify best original reporting and audio content to share and syndicate across our network of news brands
More About You:
• Bachelor’s degree
• 2-3 years of experience producing, editing, and distributing digital news content
• Outstanding news judgment, ability to work under deadline pressure and strong writing and reporting skills
• Experience with content management/online publishing systems
• Ability to edit other writers’ work for clarity and accuracy
• Command of best practices on all social media platforms
• Understands web and social analytics and how to interpret data
• Flexibility on schedule (AM/PM shifts, weekends, holidays)
• Passion for news, podcasts, and digital media
• Experience using Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and Audition, or other comparable photo and audio editing software
• Ability to evaluate news leads and tips to develop story ideas
• Ability to work calmly in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments while under deadline pressure
• Strong organizational skills and solid work ethic
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Willingness to experiment and innovate
Candidates will be asked to submit writing samples and may be asked to take an edit test.
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them.