Digital Managing Editor
Full Time Job
WWJ-AM digital is launching an exciting transformation of its digital news operation and is seeking a talented digital journalist with strong news judgment and news-gathering skills, as well as passion for local news and audio storytelling. The team will work to grow audience across all platforms, from the mobile web to social media to smart speakers. This is an opportunity to join an award-winning news operation that has built a large loyal listening audience.
What You'll Do
• Lead digital content team and direct and supervise their work
• Work with other managers to recruit, select, hire, orient, and train digital content team members
• Set goals and deadlines, organize work flows and schedules, and assign work to members of the digital team
• Implement productivity standards, monitor team productivity, and appraise team performance
• Work with other managers to provide feedback and coaching to members of the digital team
• Take lead on developing and executing a digital content strategy that grows a large loyal audience
• Develop story ideas, series, and special projects that complement broadcast news
• Post to social media accounts, compose news notifications and newsletters
• Write news storied, with all applicable elements, including SEO-friendly headlines, photos, audio, video, and embedded social elements
• Collaborate with broadcast staff to adapt and tailor stories and other digital content
• Write and edit headlines and text to position content for maximum engagement on the mobile web, apps, and social media -develop and maintain editorial calendar and schedule use real-time metric in Google Analytics and Chartbeat to drive story decisions
• Develop clear goals and KPIs around scale, engagement and TLH that hold team accountable for progress
• Required: Bachelor's degree
• Preferred: 5 years of experience producing, editing, and distributing digital news and digital audio content
• Outstanding news judgment and ability to work under deadline pressure
• Strong editing, writing, reporting and story development skills
• Knack for transforming a piece of audio into a compelling digital article
• Experience managing, coaching, and mentoring junior producers/writers
• Command of best practices on all social media platforms
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Candidates will be asked to submit writing samples and may be asked to take an edit test
• Desired: Passion for local news,podcasts, and digital media
• Experience and demonstrated ability working with broadcast or other legacy media
• Willingness to experiment and innovate
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Experience with Adobe Audition or similar audio editing program
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them.