FT Digital Managing Editor
AudacyLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/11/2021 1:29:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Radio Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for FT Digital Managing Editor jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all FT Digital Managing Editor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a FT Digital Managing Editor?
Full Time Job
KNX 1070 Newsradio is launching an exciting transformation of its digital news operation and is seeking talented digital journalists with strong news judgment and news-gathering skills, as well as a passion for local news and audio storytelling. This team will work to grow audience across all platforms, from the mobile web to social media to smart speakers. This is an opportunity to join an award-winning news operation that has built a large loyal listening audience over many years and now seeks to extend its reach by creating and distributing an array of new digital content.
What You'll Do:
• Lead digital content team and direct and supervise their work
• Work with other managers to recruit, select, hire, orient, and train digital content team members
• Set goals and deadlines, organize work flows and schedules, and assign work to members of the digital content team
• Implement productivity standards, monitor team productivity, and appraise team performance
• Work with other managers to provide constructive feedback and coaching, counseling, and discipline to members of digital content team
• Take lead on developing and executing a digital content strategy that grows a large loyal audience
• Oversee social media strategy; manage posts and feeds on all platforms
• Develop story ideas, series, and special projects that complement broadcast news coverage
• Oversee daily news coverage, assign, review, and edit articles
• Write news stories, with all applicable elements, including SEO-friendly headlines, photos, audio, video and embedded social elements with speed and accuracy
• Post to social media accounts, compose push notifications and newsletters
• Review and approve podcasts and other specialty multimedia content
• Collaborate with broadcast staff to adapt and tailor stories and other content for digital
• Publish articles, audio stories, podcasts and short videos on all digital platforms
• Write and edit headlines and text to position content for maximum engagement on the mobile web, apps, and social media
• Ensure all daily content is optimized for SEO
• Use real-time metrics in Google Analytics and Chartbeat to drive editorial/story decisions
• Work with marketing, audience development, and sales to identify opportunities to expand distribution and revenue potential of digital content
• Develop and maintain editorial calendar and schedule
• Develop clear goals and KPIs around scale, engagement and TLH that hold team accountable for progress
• 5 years of experience producing, editing, and distributing digital news and digital audio content
• Outstanding news judgment and ability to work under deadline pressure
• Strong editing, writing, reporting and story development skills
• A knack for transforming a piece of audio into a compelling digital article
• Experience managing, coaching and mentoring junior producers/writers
• Ability to refine and optimize podcasts and audio content for digital distribution
• Significant experience with content management/online publishing systems
• Command of best practices on all social media platforms
• Excellent communication and presentation skills Candidates will need to submit writing samples and may be asked to take an edit test
• Passion for local news, podcasts, and digital media
• Experience and demonstrated ability working with broadcast or other legacy media
• Ability to evaluate news leads and news tips to develop story ideas
• Willingness to experiment and innovate
• Strong organizational skills and solid work ethic
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Experience with Adobe Audition, or similar audio editing program
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs and/or ladders; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. A valid driver’s license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant’s own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required.
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the employee, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
Audacy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Audacy affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Audacy, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.